Pickles is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season one.
Brief summary: SpongeBob loses his confidence in his ability to make Krabby Patties and later his ability to perform tasks in order after he forgets the pickles on a Krabby Patty order
It is an average day at the Krusty Krab, until an overweight bass named Bubble Bass comes along and makes an order. SpongeBob quickly serves him, but he complains about there being no pickles on the patty, much to SpongeBob's horror. Mr. Krabs takes it out of his pay because Bubble Bass reads the microscopic print below the menu that says "Money Back Guarantee" on it. SpongeBob loses his confidence (and his mind), and cannot remember how to do anything. Mr. Krabs tells him to go home and get some rest. He has Squidward take over the grill, which leads to disaster, with Squidward burning all the food (including milkshakes) and driving away customers. Mr. Krabs is worried about losing money, so he goes to SpongeBob's house, where everything is mixed up (such as eggs being nailed to the walls). The music and Spongebob's speech are both mixed up too. Mr. Krabs explains to SpongeBob that if he remembers how to make a Krabby Patty, he will be back in order. It takes days, but SpongeBob eventually learns how to make a Krabby Patty properly again (unintentionally due to believing he could not do it). He returns to the Krusty Krab, where Bubble Bass confronts him again. SpongeBob serves him his meal confidently, but Bubble Bass announces again that there are no pickles. However, SpongeBob reveals that Bubble Bass has been hiding the pickles under his tongue the whole time to avoid paying, as well as one woman's car keys. Bubble Bass runs away, and everyone cheers at SpongeBob's return. Spongebob then wants 3 cheers for Squidward for taking his place while he was gone, however the crowds boos instead of cheers, but Spongebob assumes they're cheering. The last boo then goes "Boo, you stink!" before the episode ends.
APM music identificationEdit
- The Stranger in Town - Title card; SpongeBob first confronts Bubble Bass; "It's time."
- The Achterhoek Dances - (1st dance) "Welcome to the Krusty Krab." (2nd dance) "One crying Johnny uuuuuuup!" (5th dance) SpongeBob quickly makes 12 Krabby Patties on wheat buns. (4th dance) "Can I get some extra salt?"
- Abject Terror - SpongeBob gasps in horror &; he forgot THE PICKLES.
- Lonely Violin - SpongeBob looks for the pickles on the bitten Krabby Patty.
- Sailor's Waltz - Mr. Krabs saw the on the Galley Grub in the little word that says Guarantee money back
- Dramatic Stabs - "MR. KRABS, THE FRONT DOOR IS MISSING!!!"
- Hawaiian Farewell - SpongeBob keeps writing down and crossing off different ways to make the Krabby Patty.
- On the Beach - SpongeBob tries to remember how to go to bed.
- The Tip Top Polka/Cliff Polka - Squidward extinguishes the burnt patties.
- Dancing the Hula - Played backwards when Mr. Krabs arrives at SpongeBob's house.
- Troop Movement - Mr. Krabs waits for SpongeBob to get his head straight.
- When Daylight Shines/Captain Lenoe's - The ending
- When Bubble Bass is examining the first Krabby Patty SpongeBob serves him and shuffles all the ingredients, each is individually visible. The pickles are, indeed missing.
- Bubble Bass is voiced by Dee Bradley Baker but did not get credited for this episode.
- Before SpongeBob makes the second Krabby Patty, he looks at his reflection in the spatula. In all other episodes his spatula has slits, but here it is solid.
- This episode and "Help Wanted" are the only two that show SpongeBob's bed is on the right side of his room.
- Tiltle card was used for A Day Without Tears.
- When Spongebob confronts Bubble Bass at the end of the episode, the Krusty Krab has no tables
- Despite the fact the Mr. Krabs is terrible at making Krabby Patties, he actuallly knows the ingredients and if necessary, has the secret formula.
- In this episode, SpongeBob says the ingredients of the Krabby Patty, although he does not mention the secret ingredient. In Plankton!, SpongeBob also lists the parts of the patty. One theory behind this is that the secret sauce is an ingredient in the secret patty batter, which makes the patties. This is further supported in Friend or Foe.
- When SpongeBob regains his knowledge of making Krabby Patties, the order of his ingredients is switched around. For example, at the beginning of the episode, he had ketchup and mustard immediately following the patty, but when he unknowingly makes a Krabby Patty correctly in front of Mr. Krabs, the ketchup and mustard are more towards the top.
- It is unknown why Mr. Krabs printed "Money Back Guarantee" in microscopic print on the menu. It is probably because it is illegal to not give refunds, so he wrote it that small so he could keep the money, and avoid being arrested.
- The way SpongeBob messed up the order of ingredients is this:
- Bun, ketchup, mustard.
- Bun, mustard, ketchup, lettuce, mustard.
- Bun, mustard, bun.
- Bun, mustard, bun, ketchup.
- Bun, mustard, bun, ketchup, shoe, mustard, pan, bun
- When SpongeBob asks where his house is, Mr. Krabs points north, even though that way leads to the Chum Bucket.
- The shoe is a possible running gag in this episode. Note: In the episode Hooky the following is heard: ???
- This is the 6th episode with its name in it.*4th time Patrick does not appear.
- Bun, Patty, Lettuce, Cheese, Onion, Tomato, Ketchup, Mustard, Pickle, And Top Bun Is Call The Jerk Patty
- When the crowd boos Squidward the 4th time, a fish shouts, "Boo! You Stink!" The line was carried over from "Fools in April".
- This is the first appearance of Bubble Bass. He appears again in "F.U.N" with no lines at all.
- The line from this episode "He burnt my shake!" has became a popular internet meme.
- When SpongeBob is leaving the Krusty Krab after Mr. Krabs shows him the door, he says "Sorry about that, Mr. Krabs. This pickle thing has got my head all messed up." However, his mouth movements don't match up when he says "messed." Instead, SpongeBob was actually supposed to say "screwed up". The original line was most likely removed for being slightly inappropriate.
- When Mr. Krabs says " we got Squidward" the cash register sound is heard, along with Squidward's hand near the register, but there is no customer. However, it is possible he was trying to steal the money from the register,
- Closed captions mispell "Bubble Bass" as "Bubble Bath".
- When Spongebob is going back to the Krusty Krab, he is wearing his hat. When he looks into the spatula, it is gone. It reappears in all other scenes.
- When Spongebob is trying to remember the Krabby Patty secret formula, he says "Matress, matress", but he has 3 matresses.
- When Spongebob says "I'm right here Bubble Bass", Spongebob's footsteps can be heard, even though he does not take any steps at all.
- When Suzie says "And there's my cars keys!" after Spongebob shows the bottom of Bubble Bass's tongue, there are no car keys visible.*When the fish saying, "BOO, you stink!" to Squidward, Spongebob gave 4 cheers instead of 3.
- On a close-up of the menu, Krabby Patty is spelled, Krabby Pattie.
- When Mr. Krabs is visiting Spongebob's house to regain his confidence, the music is playing backwards in a wrong direction.*When Spongebob says "rrrarr", closed caption says, "right". It was fixed in the dvd version of Spongebob Squarepants: Sea Stories. The next paragraph is the same thing.
- When Bubble Bass says "Afraid not", the captions says "Free".*When the fish drinks his shake and says, " He burnt my shake", he should be screaming because his shake was hot, and burned.
- → Main article: Pickles (transcript)
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Pickles (SpongeBob SquarePants). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|"Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy"||"Hall Monitor"|