Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Season 1, Episode 3B|
|Airdate:||July 31, 1999|
|Written by:|| Ennio Torresan|
|Directed by:||Ennio Torresan|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Jellyfishing"||"Naughty Nautical Neighbors"|
"Plankton!" is the second segment of the third episode of SpongeBob SquarePants. It first aired on July 31, 1999. This episode most notably marks the debut of Sheldon J. Plankton, owner of rival fast food restaurant called the Chum Bucket.
At the Krusty Krab, Squidward sends SpongeBob an order for a Krabby Patty. After making the patty, it begins to "move" and makes its way towards the front door. Mr. Krabs pulls Plankton out of the burger and sends him back to the Chum Bucket. Krabs explains that Plankton is his arch-competitor, and has been trying to steal the Krabby Patty's secret formula for years.
That night, after the Krusty Krab closes, Plankton tries to convince SpongeBob that he and the fry cook are friends, and that as such SpongeBob should give him a Krabby Patty. SpongeBob refuses and runs back home, but Plankton promises that SpongeBob will hand deliver it to him personally.
Later that night, Plankton enters SpongeBob's head through a pore and makes his way to SpongeBob's brain. He attaches a mind control device to the brain and bends SpongeBob to his will, forcing him to walk to the Krusty Krab, get a Krabby Patty, and bring it to the Chum Bucket's Laboratory.
Plankton shows SpongeBob his computer, which can display the components of whatever he places in a nearby bowl. Before he can force SpongeBob to drop the Krabby Patty in, SpongeBob begins a sorrowful tribute to the Patty describing its tastiness. A hungry Plankton leaps onto the burger, bounces off its bun and falls into the bowl before being absorbed by the device. The computer displays his components, 1% evil, 99% hot gas, on the computer screen. With Plankton trapped inside the computer, SpongeBob walks back home.
- According to the audio commentary for this episode, there was deleted scene of Squidward being naked (It's possibly a sex references that might be too rude for the childern to watch).
- Doug Lawrence in the audio commentary revealed he won the voice of Plankton in an auditioning contest held at the beginning of production.
- This is the first appearance of a golden spatula. The other appearance was in "Neptune's Spatula."
- When SpongeBob walks out of the laboratory door, he doesn't walk through the room with Plankton's lab in it.
- The brain-control device says "Total Control," however all Plankton controls is SpongeBob's movements.
- In Plankton's laboratory, Karen is on the right wall from the doors, rather than the usual location straight ahead of the doors.
- When SpongeBob drops the golden spatula it is right next to him. When he walks away from Plankton it is gone.
- Patrick appears in this episode, but has no dialogue.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Sponge Who Could Fly
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Lost at Sea
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 1st Season
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes