At Sandy's treedome, Sandy has a lot of work to do, and SpongeBob is helping her rake the leaves. She is fretting and worrying, and SpongeBob asks her why. She explains that she is going into hibernation in a week, and have to get their work done quickly, so they can have as much play time as possible. SpongeBob promises to commit all the time he has not already given to Mr. Krabs to her.
However, their activities, which include sandboarding, trying to knock each other off the top of the "Sea Needle", "Extreme Jacks", and "Find the Hay in the Needlestack", prove extremely dangerous, and SpongeBob, being not as tough as Sandy, can barely avoid getting killed, and at one point is reduced to a literal puddle. He goes into hiding to escape from her, and Sandy, worrying for his safety, forces everyone in Bikini Bottom to form a search party for SpongeBob. Sandy has them search in dangerous places such as sulfur fields and a poison sea urchin cove, and after days of searching with no success, the people decide to hide from Sandy as well. Still frantic, Sandy now starts literally destroying the city while looking for SpongeBob.
The people, who are hiding under Patrick's Rock, discover that SpongeBob is under the rock too and throw him out for Sandy to find. Sandy is relieved to see him and gives SpongeBob a bone-crushing hug. She says that they have just enough time to go "atom smashing" before she hibernates, but SpongeBob finally explains to her that she is hurting him. While he does so, he realizes that Sandy has fallen asleep, and the relieved SpongeBob then falls asleep as well. Patrick, eating an ice cream and carrying a grocery bag, appears and sees the people under his rock, exclaiming "Who are you people?!" as the episode ends.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Anchors Away
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Lost at Sea
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 2nd Season
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
- A scene "hay in the needle stack" is title card of Bubble Troubles.
- Since SpongeBob is a sponge, tough games like them are delicate for him because Sandy wears a helmet.
- In Hebrew, the episode is called "מחפשים את ספוגבוב", which means "Looking for SpongeBob"
- This is the second episode where its title card is animated, the first being "SB-129".
- The "industrial park" setting resembles some of the settings seen in "A Life in a Day". Industrial park is in Battle for Bikini Bottom, the place where you battle robot Patrick.
- This the first episode to have a comedy drummer gag. The second is "Rock-a-Bye Bivalve".
- The running gag in this episode is a guy having random things happening to him, usually just saying "Uh... I can explain..."
- This is the second episode that SpongeBob says "This squirrel's trying to kill me." The first was "MuscleBob BuffPants."
- SpongeBob says "Yeah" after jumping off a mountain the same way he does in a later episode, "Wet Painters."
- Patrick's line of "Who are you people?!" would later be used by him in "I'm with Stupid".
- Sandy hibernates in this episode and "Survival of the Idiots", but in "Bubble Buddy", she says that she migrated South for the Winter.
- When SpongeBob lands after flying off a ramp while sandboarding, two bones protrude out of the top of his head, despite him being an invertebrate.
- When Sandy goes over to paint her fence, the green bikini bottom she wears underneath her skirt is gone.
- Even though Sandy paints entirely over SpongeBob's water helmet with white paint, his eyes are still visible. *Throughout the entire episode, Sandy's acorn is black rather than its usual color.
- When SpongeBob and Sandy are in the industrial park, they jump over a metal jaw that is chomping rocks. Sandy and SpongeBob successfully jump over the machine and, although they went flying forward, in the next scene, they are seen falling straight down. This wouldn't make sense due to them going over a ramp.
- When Sandy is seen with a bowling ball on her helmet, the helmet is cracked, but no water fills it up and she can still breathe.
- There were two Nats once. One went into the three-eyed sea elephant and one standing near Sandy. *When Sandy blew the whistle, she could blow through her helmet.
|This page uses content from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia. As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|