|Robot and Monster|
|# of episodes:||26|
|Running time:||approx. 0:22 minutes (0:11 per episode)|
|Original run:||August 4, 2012 - February 14, 2015|
Robot and Monster is an American CGI animated series created by Dave Pressler, Joshua Sternin and J.R. Ventimilia. Main characters Robot and Monster are voiced by Curtis Armstrong and comedian Harland Williams, respectively. It began production in 2009 and was ordered for a full 26-episode season in 2010.
Working at the Blinking Light Factory is basic for Mechanicals and Organicles, but Robot and Monster make an odd couple, since Robot is serious and Monster is always goofy, but that doesn't keep them from being best friends. They do everything together, such as testing gadgets out, dreaming of JD, taking care of their pet Marf, avoiding both the annoying Ogo and Robot's arrogant brother Gart, and eating tons of bacon.
Cast and characters
- Robot is an orange robot that is the main protagonist of the show that is the Quality Control Inspector at the Blinking Light Factory. Robot always feels like the world is trying to keep him down, even his know-it-all brother Gart doesn't help at all. Luckily, after meeting Monster, who believes in him all the way, Robot is now best friends with Monster.
- Monster is a purple minotaur-like monster with a floating bowler hat on his head and the show's deauteragonist. Monster is the eternal optimist living by the motto that "Good things happen to good people," and that all people are good. Monster is an extremely outgoing Organic that is endlessly fascinated by the little things in life. Monster is driven to make everyone happy, and the need to explore the "shiny thing." But because of Monster's fascination with the world, he is very easy to fool. Unlike Robot, Monster feels like everything goes his way, although it doesn't, making him a very good friend to have around.
- Marf is a pet of Monster. He is a block of metal that acts like a dog, and only says "marf".
- Ogo is the third wheel of Robot and Monster's friendship. He constantly tries to involve himself in the duo's doings, and just can't seem to grasp that he isn't part of the team.
- Perry is a robot co-worker of Robot and Monster's. He always has a smile on his face, but it's due to a function problem, as revealed in "Come On, Get Happy". He seems to get hurt a lot, and when something is thrown, it almost always hits him. He always feels miserable and the only thing that makes him genuinely happy is Robot's misfortunes. He is shaped like a sewage pipe, colored in orange with a yellow "2".
- J.D. is a cool, rebellious biker chick whose best friend is her equally hip robotic bike, Spitfire. They are inseparable best friends and regulars at the local bacon joint, Makin' Bacon. JD can be hot-headed at times, while Spitfire is more rational and willing to avoid fights. Both Monster and Robot have crushes on JD.
- Gart is Robot's arrogant, overbearing older brother and his supervisor. He runs their father's Blinking Light factory.
- → Main article: List of Robot and Monster episodes
(Geraldine Laybourne era)
|Doug • Rugrats • The Ren and Stimpy Show • Rocko's Modern Life • Aaahh!!! Real Monsters|
(Herb Scannell era)
|Hey Arnold! • KaBlam! • The Angry Beavers • Oh Yeah! Cartoons • CatDog • The Wild Thornberrys • SpongeBob SquarePants • Rocket Power • Pelswick • As Told by Ginger • The Fairly OddParents • Invader Zim • ChalkZone • The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron • My Life as a Teenage Robot • All Grown Up! • Danny Phantom • Avatar: The Last Airbender • Catscratch • The X's • Mr. Meaty|
(Cyma Zarghami era)
|El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera • The Mighty B! • Back at the Barnyard • The Penguins of Madagascar • Fanboy & Chum Chum • Planet Sheen • T.U.F.F. Puppy • Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness • The Legend of Korra • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles • Robot and Monster • Sanjay and Craig • Rabbids Invasion • Breadwinners • Harvey Beaks • Pig Goat Banana Cricket • The Loud House|