|Sam & Cat|
|Created by:||Dan Schneider|
|Running time:|| 23 minutes|
|Original run:||June 8, 2013 - July 17, 2014|
Sam & Cat is an American teen sitcom that airs on Nickelodeon. It is a short lived crossover spin-off of both iCarly and Victorious, starring Jennette McCurdy as Sam Puckett (from iCarly) and Ariana Grande as Cat Valentine (from Victorious). The series will be about these two girls as they buddy up as roommates and start a babysitting business to fund their adventures. The series premiered on June 8, 2013 and ended on July 17, 2014 after 35 episodes. It has also been said several times that the series is non-canon, which could explain why the iCarly and Victorious characters didn't recognize each other from the crossover episode.
On August 3, 2012, Nickelodeon announced that Dan Schneider, the creator of iCarly and Victorious, would be making a pilot for a spin off of both shows called Sam & Cat. The pilot was ordered in August 2012. The series was picked up for 20 episodes on November 29, 2012, with the show planned to premiere in 2013. The series began production in January 2013.
Since Carly moved to Italy with her father, Sam has been traveling on her motorcycle but she somehow ends up saving a girl getting crushed by a garbage truck who turns out to be Cat (ignoring the events of iParty with Victorious). Sam is then welcome into Cat's home for saving her and the two become friends. But since Cat's grandmother, Nona moved out of her house to go live in a retirement home. After realizing that Nona was a babysitter, Sam & Cat decide to open a babysitting business for income and Sam decides to move in with Cat.
|Jennette McCurdy||Sam Puckett||2013-2014|
|Ariana Grande||Cat Valentine||2013-2014|
|Cameron Ocasio||Dice Corleone||2013-2014|
Sam and Cat received negative reviews from fans and critics. While many fans were happy to see the characters together again, they have also said this series was a waste of time and could've been great for a new season of Victorious, since it never had a proper finale like iCarly. It was also criticized for having many continuity problems. Many people also hate that the show was about Sam, the most disliked character on iCarly.
The series is planned to premiere on Nickelodeon in the United States sometime in 2013. It was announced in January 2013 that Dan Schneider was aiming for March 23, 2013, along with the 2013 Kids' Choice Awards, as the premiere date for the show. However, on February 26, 2013, Nickelodeon announced at their Upfront event that Sam & Cat would make its debut in the fall.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Nordyke, Kimberly (November 29, 2012). Nickelodeon Greenlights Spinoff of 'iCarly,' 'Victorious'. Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved on November 29, 2012.
- ↑ Sam & Cat is a GO!. Dan Schneider (November 30, 2012). Retrieved on December 2, 2012.
- ↑ Jennette McCurdy and Jade at McCurdicon - YouTube. youtube.com. Retrieved on 2013-01-26.
- ↑ Kondolojy, Amanda (February 26, 2013). Nickelodeon Renews 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' and Announces New Series 'Breadwinners', 'The Haunted Hathaways' & More. Nickelodeon press release via Zap2It. Retrieved on March 4, 2013.
- ↑ Andreeva, Nellie (July 13, 2013). Nickelodeon’s ‘Sam & Cat’ To End Run After One Season. Deadline.com. Retrieved on July 13, 2014.
- ↑ Ariana Grande's message to her fans about the cancellation