|Season 7, Episode 147B|
|Airdate:||September 18, 2010|
|Written by:|| Aaron Springer|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Hide and Then What Happens?"||"The Masterpiece"|
This episode starts out at the Krusty Krab, where SpongeBob is getting ready for closing time. He asks Mr. Krabs if he can buy a Krabby Patty for Gary because tomorrow is "Bring Your Pet To Work Day". So Mr. Krabs lets him. However when SpongeBob checks the freezer (along with all others), there are no more Krabby Patties left. He starts complaining to Mr. Krabs about this so Mr. Krabs just decides they should make a fresh batch of Krabby Patties. Plankton is spying on SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs at this moment and he has an evil plan. Later that night, SpongeBob arrives at his home with some french fries for Gary. He then tells Gary that he needs a bath, which makes Gary run away. SpongeBob looks for him all over the house, and then he decides to give Gary his bath in the morning.
The next morning, there is a knock on the door and Gary answers it and its Plankton in a salesman disguise. He claims that he's giving Gary a vacation to a Snail Resort for one night and tells Gary to where another shell while he is there. So Gary puts on that shell and leaves. Then Plankton gets into Gary's real shell and plans to steal the formula because as Gary, he would watch the fresh batch of Krabby Patties being prepared right in front of his eyes.
SpongeBob then gives Plankton (in the Gary disguise) his bath and while he's doing that, he discovers that "Gary" is green and talking, and he thinks that he is sick so he takes Plankton to the hospital, where the doctor gives him bad news. They try every test imaginable; but nothing is found wrong with him (the doctors never saw anything like this) Plankton asks SpongeBob for one Krabby Patty before he dies so SpongeBob starts taking him to the Krusty Krab. However, on the way there, Gary is on the bus and he see's SpongeBob carrying a Plankton disguised as Gary. Gary gets mad, stops the bus and gets out.
At that moment, SpongeBob puts Plankton in the kitchen and goes to make him a Krabby Patty. However, while he's waiting, the real Gary comes in and beats up Plankton, and Mr. Krabs see's him doing this. So he gives Gary a job as bouncer, and the changes to Gary letting people into the Krusty Krab, and then Plankton comes dressed up as a small boy. However Gary knows that its Plankton and growls, causing him to run away. SpongeBob then says to Mr. Krabs how Gary is doing a great job as bouncer. Then SpongeBob says "Really Earning His Pay", leaving Mr. Krabs shocked.
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
- ? - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [closing time]
- Murder in Mind - Ronald Hanmer ["MR. KRABS!"]
- Sneaking About - Phillip Green [Plankton spying on Krabs and SpongeBob]
- ? ["I think I smell a plan!"]
- Untitled Tune - Jack Shaindlin [SpongeBob comes home]
- Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["We'll bathe you in the morning."]
- Dig it Baby - Nino Nardini [Plankton at the door]
- Zelle 503 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton disguised as Gary]
- Carefree and Gay - Phillip Green, Geoff Love, Ken Thorne [SpongeBob bathing "Gary"]
- Primitive Force - Raymond C. Jones ["Gary, are you sure you're feeling all right?"]
- Befuddled Gent - Phillip Green [at the hospital]
- Desperate Situation - Phillip Green ["I have never seen such a drastic case!"]
- Jolly Clarinet - Ilan Harel [intensive care unit]
- Crazy Mind - Harry Lubin [SpongeBob panting]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob cries]
- Shock Headed Peter - Ronald Hanmer [huge pill]
- Sliding 2 - Hans Ehrlinger, Roy Etzel ["That wasn't so bad, was it?"]
- Tristesse - Gerhard Trede ["Uh, Mr. SquarePants?"]
- Guaracha Senorita - Heide Pehofer [Club Shell bus]
- Hopeless Situation 2 - Phillip Green ["Yes!"]
- ? [Gary gets off the bus]
- Drowsy Reef - Jeremy Wakefield, Sage Guyton [at the Krusty Krab]
- Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede ["Yes, SpongeFool."]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Gary fights Plankton]
- ? - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm..."]
- ? - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [ending]
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 7th Season
- The title card is similar to the one of SpongeGuard on Duty, but with a different kind of the life preserver and different background.
- Towards the end, SpongeBob takes Plankton (dressed up as Gary) to the Krusty Krab to get him a Krabby Patty and SpongeBob calls himself, "Daddy". This is the first time SpongeBob called himself Daddy to Gary (or who he thought was Gary).
- The pet hospital SpongeBob took Gary to is actually a hospital where fish go.
- SpongeBob has talked to Gary before, but in snail language.
- The Krusty Krab used to have an attic.
- Plankton may bought his shell props from Angry Jack's Shell Emporium.
- In Turkey this episode aired with the name "Sahte Salyangoz" which means "Fake Snail".
- When Plankton and Karen do the "What?" exchange at the beginning of the episode, it may have been a reference to the stage act "Who's on first?"
- Sadie is pink.
- When Plankton and Karen were looking in the telescope, they saw Mr. Krabs and Spongebob talking even though Mr. Krabs' door was closed. It would be impossible for Plankton and Karen to spy on them directly across the street unless Karen had X-ray vision, being a computer, but that wouldn't explain how Plankton could see them.
- Plankton never told him where Club Shell is, Gary somehow managed to get there.
- When Gary blows at Plankton to get him out of the kitchen, he blows with 2 mouths (or possibly his nose).
- Plankton's size becomes inconsistent when he's in Gary's shell; for example, when SpongeBob carries him down the stairs, he's larger than SpongeBob's hand. He's usually as tall as SpongeBob's finger.
- When SpongeBob calls Gary a second time while Plankton was talking to him,only one eye moves.
- When Gary growls at Plankton in the Gary costume, he has two mouths.