Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Season 7, Episode 142B|
|Airdate:||January 28, 2011|
|Written by:|| Casey Alexander|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Trenchbillies"||"The Great Patty Caper"|
Squidward attempts to make a self-portrait when he is interrupted by a song that SpongeBob is singing about how he has an "attitude of gratitude". After Squidward tells SpongeBob to stop, he slips on some spilled paintbrushes, falls down the stairs and through the floor, breaks a plumage pipe, resulting in spewing water. When SpongeBob offers to help, Squidward denies that he needs help and tells SpongeBob not to help him ever again. He tightens the pipe so much, the water can't get through. Squidward then walks off grumpily as he's late for work. At the Krusty Krab, Squidward says "Pardon me!" to a purple fish while entering, then walks to the counter and tells SpongeBob to stop staring at him. He then says he doesn't have time to count them when a fish tries to buy a Krabby Patty for $3 with a huge pile of pennies, comments at a blue fish eating a Krabby Patty tapping his foot on the floor, gets mad with Nat Peterson for holding the door, thinks people are leaving "trash" on the table, insults a frail woman's clattering dentures, and a red fish's tall hat. He even scolds a blue fish for taking too long to eat and another for taking too long in the bathroom. When SpongeBob passes by still singing about his attitude of gratitude, Squidward scolds him to stop. SpongeBob asks whether he has an "attitude of gratitude", but Squidward says that he is the most miserable person in Bikini Bottom and doubts it can get worse. Immediately afterwards, a previously dormant volcano erupts. Everybody in the Krusty Krab evacuates because it is falling to pieces. Mr. Krabs sees no point in trying to run away and demands Squidward's and SpongeBob's life essence after the cash register is destroyed until someone points out the shelter. In the shelter, the mayor is trying to calm everyone, but they won't stop worrying. When the mayor also thinks that Bikini Bottom is doomed, a mysterious dolphin warrior comes in and says that they must sacrifice the most miserable person. When Squidward goes towards the door, SpongeBob says that they must find the most miserable person, but Squidward mocks him. They then realize Squidward is the most miserable person, so they attempt to sacrifice him. Before they throw him in the volcano alive, SpongeBob offers to be thrown in because he made Squidward miserable. Squidward accidentally falls off a ledge and asks SpongeBob to help him. When SpongeBob reminds him of his promise, Squidward takes it back and SpongeBob saves him. Meanwhile, the pipe at Squidward's house has built up so much water that it sends the house flying, and it falls into the volcano. The dolphin then says that he was going to say that the most miserable person's HOUSE must be sacrificed, and the people are once again calmed; except for Squidward, who now has no roof to sleep under. SpongeBob then lets Squidward sleep under his pineapple.
- ? [title card]
- ? [opening]
- Attitude of Gratitude - Casey Alexander, Derek Iversen, Eban Schletter
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward falls down the stairs]
- ? ["This is your fault!"]
- ? - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Squidward goes to work]
- ? [Squidward complaining]
- ? ["SpongeBob, I hate my job."]
- Hand to Hand Combat 2 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [volcano erupting]
- Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, yes, of course, ma'am."]
- Action Stations 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [volcano shelter]
- Chinese Mystery - Nino Nardini ["We've got it under control."]
- Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [parking tickets]
- African Conflict - Norman Dane [ancient warrior introduced]
- Out of the Crypt - Harry Lubin ["I was the only one who knew how to stop it."]
- Drama Link (c) - Hubert Clifford ["A sacrifice must be made of the most miserable person."]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [everyone arguing]
- ? [everyone taking Squidward to the volcano]
- House of Horror - Larry Hochman [Squidward about to be sacrificed]
- Drama Link (o) - Hubert Clifford ["It is I who make Squidward miserable."]
- Dramatic Bridge 1 - Phillip Green ["SpongeBob, help!"]
- Dramatic Cue (b) - Ronald Hanmer ["Please, SpongeBob, I didn't mean any of that!"]
- Fates - Gregor F. Narholz ["I'm grateful for the life I'm living."]
- Red Alert - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Goodbye, everyone!"]
- Horror Crash - Harry Lubin [Squidward falls]
- Historical Fanfare - Harry Bluestone [SpongeBob rescues Squidward]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 7th Season
- Mr. Krabs calls the cash register "Cashy", once again. The first time he did this was in "SpongeBob vs. the Big One."
- The person who had the recording tape to record Squidward's voice was the same as from what happened in Boating Buddies.
- This is the second time Squidward imitates SpongeBob, The first time was The Camping Episode.
- During the song SpongeBob says 'There's no time like the present'. The line is very familiar. It was used in the Doctor Who story Planet Of The Spiders. Though this could be coincidental.
- This episode first aired with The Main Drain. Later, on March 6, 2011, it aired with Trench Billies.
- This is the first time a dolphin appears in cartoon form and actually talks.
- This is the third time that Squidward admits that he likes SpongeBob. The first was in SB-129. The second was Graveyard Shift.
- When SpongeBob's singing, he jumps up and spins around. This might be a reference to the Spin Block in New Super Mario Bros.
- This is the only episode that shows that there is a volcano in Bikini Bottom.
- This is the 3rd time Squidward denied he said something and is proved wrong by a recording. the first being The Paper, and second in Boating Buddies.
- When SpongeBob asks the mayor about parking tickets, he said he didn't have a car. Boats are the main transportation, thus SpongeBob should have said he doesn't have a boat. The first time he said car was in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, second was in Hide and Then What Happens?
- In the Brazilian version, Squidward says that the Krabby Patty costs "três reais". This is the first time in the cartoon dubbing where a character uses the Brazilian currency instead of dollars.
- The reason why the Krusty Krab is so close to the volcano may be because Mr. Krabs is so cheap, so he bought the cheapest place in Bikini Bottom, due to being so close to a volcano.
- The volcano erupting, and lava flowing with the citizens running from the Krusty Krab, and entering the shelter is a reference to the Volcano's eruption, and lava flowing from the 1997 volcano disaster films, Dante's Peak, and Volcano.
- If SpongeBob had jumped in, the volcano would not have been satisfied. First, it wants the most miserably person's house. Second, SpongeBob isn't that person.
- When Squidward's house plugs the volcano, his house looks much bigger than it actually is.
- When a real underwater volcano erupts it will create islands and sometimes makes tidal waves. And dosen't erupt lava, they erupt smoke.
- Like in other episodes, Squidward admits he is the most misareable person in Bikini Bottom.
- This is the second time Squidward ends up spending the night with SpongeBob. The first was in Can You Spare a Dime?.
- The Volcano Shelter has a thatched roof, thus it would have burned quicker than the Krusty Krab's roof.