|Season 2, Episode 26b|
|Airdate:||March 6, 2001|
|Written by:|| Aaron Springer|
|Directed by:||Edgar Larrazabal|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Grandma's Kisses"||"Pre-Hibernation Week"|
- "I hate this channel."
- ―Patrick changing the TV channel during the commercial for Tentacle Acres
"Squidville" is the second segment of the 26th episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
SpongeBob and Patrick get their new reef blowers and start blowing and sucking things with them, eventually sucking up Squidward's windows and door. When Squidward shouts to them to give them back, they blow out the items, and end up demolishing Squidward's house. Fed up with Patrick and SpongeBob, Squidward decides to moves to Tentacle Acres, where many squids live lives similar to him, including living in houses similar to his own.
Squidward moves in, and "the fun" starts when he goes biking, doing grocery shopping, dancing and clarinet playing practice, among other activities. Soon enough though, he grows tired of the routine, sees a reef blower unattended and starts playing with it in the same way that SpongeBob and Patrick did at the beginning of the episode, irritating his neighbors in the process. They eventually get fed up with his behavior, corner him, and demand that he leave at the same moment that SpongeBob and Patrick finally reach the village. They confuse all of the citizens of Tentacle Acres for Squidward, but when they finally reach him, Squidward uses the reef blower to blow himself out of the village. SpongeBob then says to Patrick, "Well, we know one thing, it sure isn't that guy!"
- Tentacle Acres parodies modern day urban sprawls and tract housing mostly seen in California.
- The title card says Squidville. But on the back of the SpongeBob DVD "Tide And Seek" they call it "Squidsville," adding an "S".
- In whole, Squidward seems to have spent fourteen days at Tentacle Acres.
- When Patrick says, "Ying!" some captions say "Yay!"
- When Squidward exits the "Full of Health" store, the bike he rode has disappeared.
- The octopi in Tentacle Acres are all redesigns of Squidward's basic character design.
- This episode was originally meant to be called "Tentacle Acres".
- SpongeBob and Patrick sucked in 4 parts of Squidward's house - the two windows, the door, and the "nose" - but when Squidward demanded SpongeBob and Patrick to bring back the parts of his house, the viewer can clearly see rather than four parts to be blown out, SpongeBob and Patrick shot out 6 parts, including "ears". We did not see SpongeBob and/or Patrick suck in the ear parts of Squidward's house.
- Canned bread actually exists as a Japanese product called Pan Desuyo!(This is Bread!).
- A freeze-frame effect was used in Patrick's half of the frame in the scene where he was holding a flowerpot.
- When Squidward says "Or at least painted a different color", he is referring to the animators.
- Tentacle Acres seems to be a comic version of Thomas More's Utopia.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Sponge-a-Rama
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Tide and Seek
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 2nd Season
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
|This page uses content from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia. As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|