Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Season 6, Episode 106B|
|Airdate:||June 5, 2008|
|Written by:|| Luke Brookshier
Nate Cash Richard Pursel
|← Previous||Next →|
|"A Life in a Day"||"Giant Squidward"|
SpongeBob and Patrick are playing at the beach, where all the other beachgoers are tanning. Craig Mammalton, the tannest man on TV, then shows up and announces he's having the hottest party of the summer. Everyone is invited except for SpongeBob and Patrick, who aren't tan. Craig says that they can't come if they don't get to the tan minimum and mocks them for having smooth skin. Patrick converts his house into a tanning machine, able to give them the minimum tan in just 15 seconds. Patrick goes first and gets a perfect tan. But during SpongeBob's turn, Patrick forgets to watch over SpongeBob and leaves him in for 2 hours while he goes off with a group of girls. SpongeBob ends up with a white "Sun Bleached" tan that makes him look ugly. SpongeBob suggests asking Squidward for help, who ridicules him. SpongeBob feels sad because he won't be able to go to the party, but Patrick offers to help him anyway he can. Patrick first gives him a "makeover" by covering him in mud, placing kelp jerkey over his teeth, and putting hair on SpongeBob's head that was ripped from his own armpits. While walking through town, a woman mistakes SpongeBob for a monster and attacks him to protect her baby. While having an ice cream break, Patrick gets an idea while eating his caramel sundae. He covers SpongeBob in the caramel giving him a "tan." They are let into the party, where portable tanning lamps shine on the dancing partygoers, causing SpongeBob's caramel to harden and crack, revealing his bleached skin. The partygoers start to complain and make fun of him until Craig reveals sun bleached is the ultimate tan and calls SpongeBob a hero, thus making the partygoers praise SpongeBob. The tanning lamps are cranked to maximum "Sun Bleach" level and everyone is dried up to dust. SpongeBob asks Patrick if too much sun is bad for them, to which he replies, "Whatever. I just go with the flow."
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: SpongeBob vs. The Big One
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 6, Volume 1
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 6th Season
- When Patrick tans himself, the dried apple is still on the platform, but when SpongeBob steps on, the apple is gone. It is possible that the apple was burned to dust.
- This is one of few episodes where there's a pun at the end, another one is "Idiot Box".
- Ths is the first time the same time card appears twice in the same episode. The second is A Friendly Game.
- SpongeBob wears his beach suit, but it is colored red instead of blue like in other episodes.
- Squidward perhaps overheard SpongeBob and Patrick about the party since he wasn't invited.
- This episode is paired with A Life in a Day. Coincidentally, both episodes take place at Goo Lagoon.
- When the tanners are screaming at Craig's party, the screams used are mainly not used for people partying, but mainly for people literatly screaming and running away from something for other movies/shows.
- When Nat poured the tan accelerator on him, he was turned into a rasher of bacon.
- The scene where Patrick makes a cutaway gag of a soda commercial is likely a reference to the many cutaway gags seen on Family Guy.
- When Craig is speechless, some of the partygoers don't have a tan.
- After SpongeBob is sun bleached his voice becomes dry and scratchy, but during the scene where he is covered in mud and throughout the rest of the episode his voice is normal again.