|"The Fish Bowl"|
|Season 9, Episode 196A|
|Airdate:|| April 27, 2016 (Poland)|
April 28, 2016 (certain countries)
May 2, 2016 (USA)
July 8, 2016 (Canada)
|Written by:|| Jack Pendarvis|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Larry's Gym"||"Married to Money"|
This episode starts off with Sandy sitting in her pool lounge chair listening to music when suddenly a book she ordered arrives to her dome. The book is regarding to behavioral psychology, which Sandy uses to observe natural underwater fish. She begins off by riding a bus full of fish, who seem to be acting naturally. She then disturbs the Bikini Bottomites with her eavesdropping which results to them hurling her out of the bus. After Sandy's fall, she then goes to SpongeBob and Patrick who don't mind being observed naturally. The two both don't know what they're supposed to do during natural observance, so in order to get SpongeBob and Patrick to act naturally, Sandy observes them without disturbing their nature. She starts off by assigning them to go to the beach, to fill one bucket with white sand and one bucket with black sand to count. She also puts Patrick in charge. After Sandy leaves the pineapple, she uses her microphone and camera systems to observe what they do when she's not present. She then starts her second experiment by initiating two scoops of the same amount of ice cream into two different sized bowls to confuse Patrick, which leads to his selfishness due to him being in charge. Sandy then begins observing them both when she hands them two ice cream cones exactly the same size. She then realizes Patrick's taking advantage of his privileges and taking advantage of SpongeBob due to his power of being in charge. SpongeBob then fights back naturally, as any other fish would do. After their argument, Sandy reveals her experiment towards SpongeBob and Patrick which leads to a disturbance to their nature. The episode wraps up to Squidward who is begging for a drop of ice cream, which Sandy, SpongeBob, Patrick, and Gary all ate and end up observing Squidward's despairing for the ice cream.
Vincent Waller confirmed this episode on Twitter on February 25, 2016.
- It is unknown how SpongeBob and Patrick didn't realize all the microphones and cameras set up around his home.
- When SpongeBob is counting the white sand, each grain looks bigger than it should look.
- It is unlikely how Sandy made Patrick in charge inside of Spongebob's residence, meaning that SpongeBob should have been in charge.
- Although it could have been because Sandy knows that Patrick would make very poor choices if he's the boss since he's not so intelligent. This also happens in "Rule of Dumb."
- When SpongeBob asks Sandy if she was going to expose them to gamma rays, it could be a reference to Hulk (Bruce Banner) since he turned into the Hulk because of gamma rays.
- The ice cream truck and alias that Sandy used for her experiment is, a reference to Ivan Pavlov.
- When SpongeBob discovers Gary was part of Sandy's observation, he says "Et tu, Gary?" This is a reference to the famous last words of Julius Caesar "Et tu, Brute?" meaning "You too, Brute?" Brute was Caesar's friend before he turned on Caesar and became part of a plot to assassinate Caesar.
- After SpongeBob and Patrick gets elated of getting ice cream, the tub of ice cream that Sandy was holding on her left hand changes from green to pink.
|This page uses content from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia. As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|