|"The Good Krabby Name"|
|Season 8, Episode 177A|
|Airdate:||September 3, 2012|
|Written by:|| Luke Brookshier|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Chum Fricassee"||"Move It or Lose It"|
One day, Mr. Krabs is shown looking through a telescope on the top of the Krusty Krab, spying on customers and taking pictures of any Bikini Bottom residents. He then enters the restaurant and calls SpongeBob and Squidward into his office. He shows them the pictures of the customers and asks SpongeBob if he has seen any of them inside the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob says that he has not seen pretty much all of them and Squidward says that he prefers not to look directly at the customers, and thus does not know if any of them have been in the restaurant. Mr. Krabs then tells SpongeBob and Squidward that 2 percent of the residents of Bikini Bottom have not set foot in the Krusty Krab, and therefore, 2 percent of money not in his pocket. He tells them that he wants them to go out and promote the resturant, and SpongeBob is eager to do so, while Squidward refuses to, since he will not get overtime pay.
The next scene, SpongeBob is shown coming out of a giant hole at the top of the Krusty Krab wearing a Krabby Patty costume and jumping off of a giant spatula. He asks a random fish if he has heard of the Krusty Krab, and he tells SpongeBob that he is just about to enter the restaurant. The man takes flyers that SpongeBob is offering about the Krusty Krab and leaves. Patrick is then shown watching SpongeBob, whom he believes to be evidence of the "invasion of the giant patties" from behind a giant rock. He then lunges out at his friend and tries to eat him. When SpongeBob tells him that he is inside the costume, Patrick thinks that the patty ate SpongeBob and continues to attack him, and launches him in the air. The costume lands on top of Plankton, who is about to go to the Krusty Krab to attempt to steal the Krabby Patty formula. Patrick makes sure that SpongeBob is okay, and SpongeBob tells him of his job to promote the Krusty Krab. Patrick tells SpongeBob that he needs an even bigger advertisement blitz.
Patrick was then shown shaving the message "Eat at the Krusty Krab" on SpongeBob's back, and painting the message on the walls with black paint. SpongeBob is then used to stamp the message all over downtown. A cop walks by and considers arresting them for graffiti, but then decides to go get a Krabby Patty instead. Patrick tells SpongeBob that he had hired a skywriter, but the skywriter falls out of the plane, holding a clipboard that says "Help me", and crashes onto the edge of a cliff. A scout leader and three campers are then shown, on a tour of the oldest tree in Bikini Bottom. However, the tree falls over when Patrick creates the advertisement out of its leaves.
SpongeBob is then shown exiting a bathroom stall and telling a man that they had left a present for him. The man walks into the stall and sees that "Eat at the Krusty Krab" is written on every sheet of toilet paper. Patrick is then shown flying a plane with a banner advertisement in back, and SpongeBob is shown flying a blimp. Patrick almost crashes into SpongeBob, but somehow the blimp avoids the plane. They soon collide however, and both fall to the ground, screaming. Pilar expresses that if he sees the words "Krusty Krab" one more time, he will scream. When the blimp and plane both crash in front of him, and he sees that it says "Krusty Krab", he screams so loud, it sucks in the skin of SpongeBob and Patrick. When the skin gets unsucked, the two have each other's skin instead of their own.
Suddenly, a cellphone is heard ringing inside of Patrick's pocket, and it turns out to be Mr. Krabs, calling them and telling them that their Advertisement Campaign is working well, and that the Krusty Krab is packed, as well as that some of the customers who had never previously entered the restaurant are now there. Squidward is shown cooking the patties as well as taking customer's orders. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob and Patrick to continue doing what they have been doing, and to try to find the last 1 percent, which they are unsure of how to find. They realize that they did not advertise over a highway of boats, and SpongeBob is reluctant to do so, thinking that they will get run over. Patrick turns into a traffic cone and makes a truck stop, and "Eat at the Krusty Krab" is then painted on the truck's side by SpongeBob.
The two then go back to the Krusty Krab to tell to Mr. Krabs they made it, and the customers are coming in. SpongeBob was about to go back on the grill when the customers were angry about how they turned it into an Eat at the Krusty Krab place. He and Patrick tried their best to hold the door, but Mr. Krabs doesn't care and founds the last 1% of the whole Bikini Bottom.
As the customers were breaking the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs grabs the customer and brings him to the top of Krusty Krab and gives him a Krabby Patty. He is glad that the advertising campaign had paid off. The episode ends with the Krusty Krab breaking apart and with them left onscreen.
- Peg Leg Waltz - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton [title card]
- Fooling Around - Barry Anthony [opening]
- ? - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs tells SpongeBob, Squidward to promote the Krusty Krab]
- Twelfth Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob in a Krabby Patty suit]
- Adventure Fanfare 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["I knew this day would come!"]
- Armed Attack - Jean Clero [Patrick attacks SpongeBob]
- Fooling Around - Barry Anthony [patty suit lands on Plankton]
- Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What's this?"]
- Big Show Theme - Robert Sharples ["Everyone should know the name of the, um... Krusty Krab!"]
- Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick shaving SpongeBob's back]
- Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [cop appears]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [fish falls from sky]
- ? ["Okay, campers."]
- Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krusty Krab ad in tree]
- ? [bathroom]
- Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick flying a plane]
- The Drunken Sailor [blimp crashes]
- Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [after fish screams]
- Peg Leg Waltz - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton [Squidward cooking patties]
- City Dash - Harry Lubin [freeway]
- Rescue - Cecil Milner [truck approaching]
- ? [hillbilly truck drivers]
- Tales from the Swamp (a) - Ron Goodwin ["Hit the brakes, Beuford!"]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob paints on the side of the truck]
- Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [several cars veer off the road]
- ? - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["We did it, Mr. Krabs!"]
- Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer ["Tear it down! Tear it down!..."]
- Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm..."]
- ? - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["That's him!"]
- Hawaiian Beauty - Lionel Wendling ["Let's savor the moment."]
- The Drunken Sailor [ending]
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 8th Season
- Some of the hillbillies from "Trenchbillies" can be seen in the truck. However, unlike the ones from the episode Trenchbillies, these ones had pupils.
- Mr. Krabs states on how many people have never eaten a Krabby Patty. But in Just One Bite, SpongeBob seems so shocked when he found out that Squidward has never eaten one.
- Originally, this episode was going to have SpongeBob try to get a good nickname for the Krusty Krab.
- This episode first aired with "Squid Baby".
- Patrick refers to the previous episode, To Save A Squirrel, from season 5. When he said 'I know what to do, It's Eat Or Be Eaten'. This is the second episode in the series to reference a past episode. The first time was Whelk Attack.
- In several past episodes it is stated that everyone in Bikini Bottom has eaten at the Krusty Krab at least once meaning this episode has been in a past time.
- This is the third time a highway is shown. The first two were Mid-Life Crustacean and SpongeBob's Last Stand.
- The pictures Mr. Krabs was showing the pictures of the people, some of them actually eat there.
- In this the fifth time SpongeBob flies something himself - in this case, a blimp. He also flew a blimp in "Treats!" and also a plane in "Have You Seen This Snail?", and attempted to fly one in "The Sponge Who Could Fly". He flew a hot air baloon in "Are You Happy Now?", and flew a flying submarine in Hide and then what Happens? The next time SpongeBob is up in the sky will be in License to Milkshake.
- If 2% of the population did set foot in the Krusty Krab, and 12 people was 2%, then that means there must be at least 600 people in Bikini Bottom by now. The population must have increased by 62 since "Whatever Happened To SpongeBob?" because the population in that episode was 538.
- Pilar said that he was going to scream if he saw another Krusty Krab ad, but when the blimp crashed, he turned blue.
- When Squidward left the Krusty Krab, he threw his hat on the ground near SpongeBob, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs. In the next shot, his hat wasn't there.
- When Patrick said he could see his house, SpongeBob's house walkway was solid black.
- Mr. Krabs took a picture of an old lady without glasses but when he shows the picture to SpongeBob the old lady has glasses on.
- Some fish in the pictures have been to the Krusty Krab before.
- When the boats fall off the highway accross from the Krusty Krab, the Chum Bucket is missing.