The episode starts with Mr. Krabs closing the Krusty Krab stating "Thought those deadbeats would never leave." Meanwhile, SpongeBob is in the kitchen and finishes washing the dishes. Mr. Krabs comes in and he finds a dirty spot on a plate. Mr. Krabs shows this to SpongeBob and then states that SpongeBob can't leave until he gets the spot removed. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to lock up when he's done. SpongeBob then reminds Mr. Krabs that when he was left alone at work, the Krusty Krab set on fire. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob that he removed all welding equipment from the premises so there no chance of a fire happening again. SpongeBob tries scrubbing of the spot off the plate, but it ain't working. So SpongeBob declares war. First, he uses jackhammer, but SpongeBob falls over and jackhammer repeatedly smacks him in the face. Second, he repeatedly banging use a bat on the plate, which fails. Thirdly, he uses a chainsaw and repeatedly bangs on the plate. Once SpongeBob runs out of breath, he gets a tank and shoots a pink sponge on the plate. Since, that fails, SpongeBob spits on the plate and it still doesn't work. SpongeBob states "I got to finish this." He soon comes back, dressed in a army outfit and introduces the spot to the Spot-Master 6000. SpongeBob shows with microwave-powered laser particle beam. Then, he shows the spot the laser-guided high pressure water cannon. Finally, SpongeBob shows the spot a specially woven metal alloy ingeniously combined with state of the art cleaning materials. SpongeBob asks the spot "Any last words?" After hearing nothing from the plate, SpongeBob starts up Spot-Master 6000 and turns on the water cannon. Since it's not working, he turns on the steel wool laser. While this is happening, the Krusty Krab shakes, lights are shining out of it and Mr. Krabs can see it from his home. He looks through his window and first thinks it has nothing to do with SpongeBob. Meanwhile, SpongeBob is still trying to get the spot off and then crosses the laser beams. SpongeBob declares "More power!" While it's happening, the Krusty Krab sends out 'sound'-like waves through the air, causing everything to look like it's wiggling. Mr. Krabs checks out of his window again and decides to go see how SpongeBob is doing. When Mr. Krabs is near the Krusty Krab, he says "Oh, boy, that can't be good." As Mr. Krabs gets his key out, SpongeBob uses maximum power on the spot. Once Mr. Krabs opens the door, a huge blast wrecks the restaurant and a burning size of an atomic bomb. Once the explosion is over, the restaurant is completely destroyed and then the Spot-Master 6000 disintegrates. SpongeBob looks at the plate and notices the spot is finally off the plate. However, Mr. Krabs chases SpongeBob because his restaurant is destroyed.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 5 - Volume 2
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
- The live-action of Atomic Bomb explosion shown in this episode was reused from "Dying for Pie" which is footage of an actual underwater explosion on Bikini Atoll, the island near which the show takes place.
- It also appears in "Frozen Face-Off".
- The Spotmaster 6000's power source is not revealed in this episode, but since an incredibly huge amount of energy is used and only an atomic bomb can create a blast that huge, the machine could be nuclear-powered.
- Mr. Krabs refers to a blowtorch as "welding equipment." However, a blowtorch is not hot enough to weld. A blowtorch wouldn't even work underwater.
- It is believed by some viewers that the spot on the plate actually got bigger when SpongeBob spit on it.
- The Spotmaster 6000 may be a reference to the Ghostbusters series, in the movie they use nuclear accelerators and "cross the streams" as the Spotmaster does.
- In real life, mixing microwave radiation and water will just cause a lot of steam.
- When SpongeBob says,"It may end life as we know it, but I am crossing the beams!" it is a reference to the movie Ghostbusters in which it is revealed that crossing the beam of their proton-pack lasers will end life as they know it.
- When SpongeBob is talking to the plate before he fires the laser, his speech and accent are a reference to the James Bond movie "Dr. No".
- When Mr. Krabs says "Oh, this time, ya done it, boy.", part of the floor is missing, but when he's chasing SpongeBob around in circles, the floor is in one piece.
- Also, when Mr. Krabs starts chasing SpongeBob, it seems like the foundation of the Krusty Krab is quite small considering small amount of the space that Mr. Krabs is chasing SpongeBob on.
- When the Spotmaster 6000 starts to turn to ashes, SpongeBob has his helmet on. However, when SpongeBob falls on the ground, the helmet has disappeared.
- The plate's spot is below before SpongeBob shot the pink sponge. Later, it was above.