|"The Sewers of Bikini Bottom"|
|Season 9, Episode 194B|
|Original air date:||November 11, 2015|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Patrick! The Game"||"SpongeBob LongPants"|
The episode opens at the Krusty Krab where SpongeBob and Squidward are working and Mr. Krabs comes to tell them that Bikini Bottom's newest stadium will be named after the Krusty Krab. He then tells them that employees have to stay at the Krusty Krab to keep working. Mr. Krabs puts Squidward in charge of the Krusty Krab while he is gone and he leaves. SpongeBob wakes up a sleeping Squidward asking for jobs to do. Squidward tries to find some work but notices SpongeBob has did most of them already. Squidward then has SpongeBob clean some more but he does all of the work in seconds. Squidward, after running out of ideas, tasks SpongeBob to flush things down the toilet and SpongeBob goes into the bathroom to do so. Squidward realizes his mistake and tries to stop SpongeBob. SpongeBob flushes a mop down the toilet and Squidward finds it exciting. He and SpongeBob then flush various objects down the toilet but are horrified after accidentally flushing down Mr. Krabs' safe which contains the Krabby Patty Secret Formula. SpongeBob decides to flush himself to go and get it and Squidward, realizing he needs SpongeBob to cook the Krabby Patties for the customers, follows SpongeBob down the toilet. At the Krusty Krab Stadium, Mr. Krabs can be seen talking to Crupski and Charlton Hawkfish about Mr. Krabs buying the stadium. Customers outside are complaining about the plumbing an Charlton is angered to not only see that the pipes have a reducer in it, but is also made out of cardboard. Charlton worries that the pipes won't hold but Crupski says it's a way to save money much to the delight of Mr. Krabs. Meanwhile, SpongeBob and Squidward make it to the sewers where they begin their search for the safe. They manage to spot the safe where it gets stuck in the pipes. As Squidward tries to reach for it, the safe gets unstuck and floats away. Squidward fails to grab it again and a couple of lampreys bites at his hands. SpongeBob helps get the lampreys off and spots the safe floating in the distance. SpongeBob and Squidward go after it once more and, suddenly, a large sewer snake emerges from the water.
Back at the stadium, Charlton warns Mr. Krabs and Crupski that it's time for the "halftime wave" where every toilet flushes at once. Mr. Krabs ignores this and continues to watch the game. Back in the sewers, SpongeBob and Squidward are seen running away from the sewer snake but end up running inside of it. Squidward, afraid, starts to run around frantically and SpongeBob spots the safe nearby trying to inform Squidward of it. Eventually, the sewer snake vomits up SpongeBob, Squidward, and the safe where it lands on Squidward's head. Meanwhile, everyone at the Krusty Krab Stadium start to use the restrooms where Charlton warns that the pipes are going to burst. However, the pipes do burst and large amounts of water pour inside of the stadium. Charlton dives underwater and activates his fail safe which is a giant plunger that plunges away all of the water. Charlton blames Mr. Krabs' cheapness for causing the problems and the sewer snake rises above in the stadium. However, Charlton uses his nose to pop the sewer snake and it goes back into the sewers. SpongeBob and Squidward end up back in the Krusty Krab in the safe where they are ready to get back to work. However, the customers all run out screaming.
Vincent Waller confirmed the episode on Twitter on September 17, 2015.
- This was the first episode Kaz wrote since "I Had an Accident" and his first credited episode since "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler."
- This was also the first episode that Dave Cunningham was officially credited for working on as storyboard supervisor.
- The things on SpongeBob's "To do" list are:
- Have Tea With Squidward
10500 Chocolate Bars Digested by Sewer Snake
- Wear Tux to Breakfast
- Take road trip to moon
- Learn the Cha Cha (√)
- Wear all my socks
- Camping with Sandy
- Some of the things on SpongeBob's list reference the following things:
- Eating 500 chocolate bars references "Chocolate with Nuts".
- The check mark next to "Learn the Cha Cha" references the scene in this episode where SpongeBob was doing his "Sewer Sewer Cha Cha."
- The "Sewer Sewer Cha Cha Cha" song is a reference to "Diarrhea Cha Cha Cha" from Beavis and Butthead.
- "Camping With Sandy" references "To Save a Squirrel."
- "Take road trip to the moon" references both "Sandy's Rocket," and "Mooncation."
- "Have Tea With Squidward" references "Not Normal," when Squidward and SpongeBob have tea.
- It is unknown if the "To do" list was like a bucket list or a list of things to do in a short amount of time, but if it was like a bucket list, then this episode takes place before Not Normal as Squidward and Normal SpongeBob are shown drinking tea together.
- The list said "camping with Sandy" which means this episode took place after "Tea at the Treedome."
- Things that were flushed down the toilet: a mop, rolls of toilet paper, a batch of Krabby Patties, a toaster with toasts, tableware, a cash register (possibly Cashy), a photo of Mr. Krabs, an armchair, a trashcan, a clock, two barrels, an anchor, a safe, SpongeBob and Squidward.
- Timelineut to be flushed, but he was put back into his seat.
- This episode likely takes place after "Skill Crane" because Squidward mentions the teddy bear that he obtained in that episode.
- In the opening credits, Lynne Naylor was misspelled as Lynn Naylor without the letter e.
- Squidward commented that he flushed SpongeBob down the toilet. However, SpongeBob flushed himself down the toilet.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 9th Season