Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Shrine of the Silver Monkey was perhaps the most iconic of rooms in Olmec's Temple. The only room to last the entire show's run, it was also considered the room that either made or broke a team's chances at winning. In order to pass through, a contestant had to put together the Silver Monkey: a three-piece statue made out of a square-shaped base, a middle piece that fitted onto a small bulge on the base, and a headpiece featuring a rod that fit through the other pieces.
- The fastest unassisted completion of the Silver Monkey was done in eleven seconds by Mike from The Thornwood Gavel of Judge Roy Bean.
- The fastest assisted (base already placed) completion of the Silver Monkey was Chrystine from The Lost Taj Mahal Turban of Aurangzeb, completing it in nine seconds.
- There was more than one Silver Monkey; during the third season, occasionally one could see a second Silver Monkey near the Steps of Knowledge location.
- On two occasions, a contestant dropped the middle piece of the Monkey over the ledge in the front of the room. This happened to Kelly in The Jeweled Necklace of Montezuma and Derek in The Upside-Down Compass of Henry Hudson.
- Olmec is also known for his unique pronunciation of the word "Shrine" in Season 3, often stretching it out and announcing it with forced expression.
- This room and The Dark Forest hold the highest amount of temple guard encounters.