|"The Slumber Party"|
|Season 6, Episode 110A|
|Original air date:||November 28, 2008|
|Written by:|| Tom King|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"The Krabby Kronicle"||"Grooming Gary"|
"The Slumber Party" is the first segment of the 110th episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
Pearl is getting ready for her slumber party, but Mr. Krabs' meddling in the party preparations is getting out of control. Pearl arrests him out of the house, so Mr. Krabs decides to stay at SpongeBob's. At SpongeBob's house, SpongeBob puts on a movie that shows girls having a slumber party and inviting their gangster boyfriends, who begin vandalizing the house. Mr. Krabs is horrified by this, destroys Spongebobs television with a bat, explains to SpongeBob his concern that this will happen to his house, and sends SpongeBob to spy on Pearl and her friends.
At first, a girl named Girly TeenGirl that looks like SpongeBob arrives at Krabs and Pearl's house, asking to get in, but Pearl thinks she is SpongeBob and she and her friends ransack the girl, who runs home crying. Meanwhile, Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob (who wasn't in disguise yet, meaning that the girl wasn't SpongeBob) pretend to be pizza deliverers. Unfortunately, SpongeBob is caught during the scuffle and is left behind as Mr. Krabs flees. He leaves, but then later sneaks back in, but falls down into Krabs's root beer cellar while trying to prove in ten seconds that he is fun enough for the party. SpongeBob absorbs to kill Pearl and smashes like-killed by Mr. Krabs' house to his weapon sight ironically reminiscent of the zombie from the movie they were watching. Mr. Krabs arrives at his destroyed house, and Pearl blames him for its destruction. Enraged with Mr.Krabs sending SpongeBob to spy on her and her friends and ruining the party, Pearl takes his money, using it to host her own private beach party at Goo Lagoon, where Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob are the only ones not allowed in. The episode ends with SpongeBob offering a cup of root beer to Mr. Krabs to cheer him up, which does not help.
- Pearl and her friends watch the same slumber party zombie movie SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs watch.
- This episode and "New Digs", "Night Light", "Breath of Fresh Squidward", and "Growth Spout", and "Pet or Pests" are the only ones to show SpongeBob wearing pajamas. Usually he wears his underwear to bed.
- The scene featuring "Girly TeenGirl" is a reference to a similar scene in "No Weenies Allowed" where it features a drifter who looks like SpongeBob.
- This is the first episode to prominently feature Pearl since "Whale of a Birthday". Following this episode, she hasn't appeared since "Best Frenemies".
- Mr. Krabs says "You should have been here in thirty minutes or less.", a reference to Domino's Pizza's famous policy of making the pizza free if it takes more than thirty minutes to deliver.
- The Goo Lagoon sign is different in this episode.
- The rules that Mr. Krabs put up are:
- No dancing
- No loud music after 7:30
- No touching the Root beer cellar
- No talking in loud voices
- No eating snacks
- No laughing
- No jumping on the bed
- No loitering
- No picture taking
- No shell phones allowed
- No chewing gum
- No eating after midnight
- No vulgar language
- No shrieking
- No taking off underpants
- No making milk shakes
- No rhubarb and strawberry pie
- No horseplay
- Four unseen rules
- When SpongeBob absorbs all the root beer and squirts it at everyone, it may be a reference to Gary Takes a Bath.
- The part where SpongeBob absorbs all the root beer and how the way he scard Pearl and her friends can scare young viewers.
- The second time someone is allergic to newsprint, (how is it possible?), the first being Squidward in "Can You Spare a Dime?". A possiblity is that the person may have an allergic reaction to the items that were used to make the ink for the paper.
- It is never explained why Girly Teengirl was at the slumber party. At first Pearl believes she is SpongeBob. Maybe fans believe that one of Pearls friends invited her and forgot to tell Pearl or someone at Pearl's school told her and she invited herself.
- Mr. Krabs rule of "No eating after midnight" is a reference to the movie "Gremlins".
- When Pearl is looking at her watch, the watches switches to her other arm.
- It's shown that Gary knows a lot about girls.
- It's possible that SpongeBob allowed to the beach party because he can make drink from his body.
- Pearl's blouse letter P is missing.
- This is first time that Pearl dislikes SpongeBob.
- Zombie Shock Syndrome is a parody of Toxic Shock Syndrome, a potentially fatal bacterial infection.
- Spongebob squirts "ice cold root beer" from himself, which could only be possible if his body temperature was ice cold itself.
- This is the first episode Spongebob wears slippers with his pajamas.
- Tympup A / ? - Mr. Krabs gives Pearl 'Catsup' packets.
- Via Porchio - "And-a Mamma Mia! You got a one-a spicy pizza pie-a!"
- Monocle and Pocket-Watch - Pearl reads the house rules and boots Mr. Krabs out.
- Climb to Altitude / Big Show Theme - SpongeBob shoots up into the air.
- Star Premiere - "SLUMBER PARTY!!"
- Tales from the Swamp (c) - #1: "...'Slumber Party Zombie Attack'."
- Tales from the Swamp (c) - #2: "Zombie teenagers?"
- The Jitters - Mr. Krabs destroys SpongeBob's house.
- Headed Peter - Girly TeenGirl appears at Mr. Krabs door.
- Hit and Run - "THEY'RE ONTO US, MR. KRABS!! DRIVE!!"
- Drama Link (f) - The girls ambush SpongeBob and Pearl checks the pizza box.
- Wooden Bear - SpongeBob appears stuffed in a pizza box.
- Flop and Go A - SpongeBob rips up the newspapers.
- Straight into the Dark - SpongeBob floods Mr. Krabs house with root beer.
- Dramatic Impact 3 - Mr. Krabs screams.
- Hawaiian Cocktail - Mr. Krabs weeps.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: To Squarepants or Not to Squarepants
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 6, Volume 1