|"To Love a Patty"|
|Season 5, Episode 87a|
|Original air date:||July 27, 2007|
|Written by:|| Casey Alexander|
|Directed by:||Alan Smart|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Bucket Sweet Bucket"||"Breath of Fresh Squidward"|
"To Love a Patty" is the first segment of the 87th episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
At the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob is seen cooking Krabby Patties. He makes several Krabby Patties and falls in love with one, naming it "Patty." The patties are taken to customers who start wolfing down on the food. Consumed by guilt, SpongeBob rescues Patty by replacing her with a shoe, which the customer still enjoys.
SpongeBob takes Patty to his house. Patrick and Sandy arrive, both hoping to play with SpongeBob, only for SpongeBob to ignore them in favor of spending the day with Patty. Patrick is especially dismayed to have been rejected. Meanwhile, SpongeBob takes Patty to several activities, such as going to the fair eating cotton candy, the mall, the beach, and when clams try to eat Patty, SpongeBob attacks them with karate. Later, they ride a boat down a river, and they go down a waterfall and Patty falls apart in the water. SpongeBob puts the sandwich back together, but now Patty is soggy and gloomy looking.
After six hours of activity, SpongeBob takes Patty on a picnic in the park, but by now, the patty has spoiled. Somewhat oblivious to this, SpongeBob decides to take it on a date to the Krusty Krab. Once there, SpongeBob informs Mr. Krabs about his date and Mr. Krabs gets excited, thinking he is dating a rich girl, but finds it strange when he discovers the date is a Krabby Patty, with a rancid smell that drives off other customers. Squidward tries to tell SpongeBob that his date is just a rotten Krabby Patty, but SpongeBob still thinks Patty is beautiful until he smells her, then sees the hideous appearance of the spoiled patty.
SpongeBob questions how this came to be. Mr. Krabs tells the fry cook that he once fell in love with a Krabby Patty. He then tells SpongeBob that Krabby Patties are meant to be loved and eaten. SpongeBob finally knows what he must do and eats his date, feeling nauseous afterward. The episode ends with SpongeBob asking for a doggie bag.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: To Love a Patty
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 5, Volume 1
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 5th Season
- This episode aired in Germany on June 7, 2007, before it aired in the USA.
- The Tough Fish who wanted to eat Patty, but instead got a shoe burger, is the same tough fish that was the first fish in the telescope in "Shanghaied." He's also one of the fish who helps SpongeBob stall the kids in "Krabby Land." This episode also reveals that he loves grilled shoes.
- The I Can't Keep My Eyes Off of You song that SpongeBob sings was used for Rock Band 2 DLC.
- The Patty gone rotten is similar to the one they once tried to feed the health inspector in "Nasty Patty."
- SpongeBob did not notice the patty was rotten until Mr. Krabs and Squidward revealed it to him.
- This is one of the few episodes in which Mr. Krabs offers a discount to a patron.
- In Dutch, this episode is called "Allerliefste Krabby" which means "Beloved Krabby."
- In the Croatian dub, the episode name is "Zaljubljena Spužva" which means "Sponge in Love."
- The song SpongeBob sings to his patty sounds a little similar to "Go Your Own Way" by Fleetwod Mac.
- Squidward saying "How should I know? Do I look like my idiot's keeper?" is a reference to the Bible, when Cain answers God's question by saying "Am I my brother's keeper?"
- Even though SpongeBob says it is his and Patty's six hour anniversary, by the time Patty arrives at the Krusty Krab only an hour has gone by between when SpongeBob left with her and the date.
- The appearance of SpongeBob's Krabby Patty keeps changing throughout the episode. Example: When Squidward holds the patty, there are worms. But when SpongeBob holds it, there is mold.
|This page uses content from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia. As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|