|"Tunnel of Fear"|
|Season 1, Episode 7B|
|Airdate:||May 31, 2014|
|Written by:|| Ben Gruber|
|Directed by:||Ken McIntyre|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Quazy for Vanessa"||"Driver's Breaducation"|
Tunnel of Fear is the second segment of the seventh episode of Breadwinners.
It's "Take Your Pet To Work Day" in the Bread Mines, so SwaySway and Buhdeuce bring their pet frog Jelly with them. They pass by the Tunnel of Fear, which SwaySway comments is the scariest part of the mines. Buhdeuce tells him to stop, so instead, they go mine a type of bread that Jelly can relate to: Bouncy Bread (since it bounces, like her). Jelly chases one of the loaves of bread inside the Tunnel of Fear, so it's up to the boys to rescue her.
They go in, but the tunnel entrance closes behind them. Everything Buhdeuce is afraid of appears before them, such as a three headed monster with laser guns that they saw in a movie recently, and a giant, living birthday cake. SwaySway says he's not afraid of anything, until a group of "dis-satisfied customers" (led by T-Midi) appears before them, logging complaints about recent orders. SwaySway and Buhdeuce resort to l-l-leveling up to become Action Hero Ducks, loading Buhdeuce's mouth with bread, and shooting it out like a machine gun, making the customers disappear.
They rescue Jelly, who is being accosted by her own fear in the form of a chef who has a hankering for frog's legs, then start to make their way back to the main part of the mines. Jelly thinks of another fear, a giant vacuum cleaner. As they rapidly try to make their escape, they notice that each fear they think of gets sucked into the vacuum. Perhaps if they think of enough of them, the bag will get full. Eventually, it works, and the three make it back out of the tunnel. They think all is well, but then they notice Jelly's eyes are bright red! The episode ends with SwaySway and Buhdeuce yelling, "SHE'S POSSESSED!", and vowing never to bring her to work again.
- This is the first episode to air (along with Quazy for Vanessa) after a 2 month-long production hiatus.
- This is the first episode with the Bread Mines to not have the Bread Maker.
- They show 9 of Buhdeuce's fears: a three headed bird man, wedgies, a fire breathing chick, birthday cake, biker ducks, chainsaws, clowns and pond monsters. However, his worst fear is Jelly being possessed by an evil force, showing how deep his love for her is.
- It's revealed in this episode that Jelly is afraid of French chefs and vacuum cleaners.
- There was a very small rumor that the episode was going to be titled "Tunnel of Death." If that rumor was true, the episode's name may have been changed to "Tunnel of Fear" for obvious reasons.