|"Tunnel of Glove"|
|Season 7, Episode 149B|
|Original air date:||February 12, 2011|
|Written by:|| Casey Alexander|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"You Don't Know Sponge"||"Krusty Dogs"|
The episode begins with Pearl and her friends, Nancy and Debbie, going to Glove World. They see everyone is waiting in line to ride the boring Tunnel of Glove and they hurry to get in line. SpongeBob and Patrick walk by and SpongeBob greets Pearl, but Pearl angrily asks why he's talking to her. Nancy and Debbie ask if SpongeBob is her boyfriend. They also make SpongeBob stand next to Pearl and they take a picture of them "for posterity." Pearl says SpongeBob isn't her boyfriend and she and friends head for the ride. Patrick stays behind to eat 10 tons of cotton candy, so SpongeBob heads off to the Tunnel of Glove without him.
Nancy and Debbie get a boat to themselves, but Pearl has to wait because she's a single rider. The ride operator asks for another single rider to come forward, which so happens to be SpongeBob. Pearl and SpongeBob get in a boat, but Pearl rudely tells SpongeBob to leave her alone. Pearl finds the Tunnel of Glove boring, and SpongeBob's pointless stories about Mr. Krabs don't help. Pearl tries to exit the ride, but SpongeBob holds her back since they're not supposed to leave their boat. SpongeBob is accidentally launched out of the boat when it rocks and he hits the ceiling, causing the hearts to fall down. One heart gets stuck in the operating gears, leaving SpongeBob and Pearl stuck on the ride.
Three hours later, Perch Perkins arrives to do a broadcast on the ride. He makes a big deal out of it, saying a "doomed couple" is trapped inside. Nancy and Debbie, who managed to get off the ride before it broke down, tell Glove Perch that Pearl and her "boyfriend" SpongeBob are the couple in there. Patrick, pigging out on food and now like Jabba the Hutt, hears the newscast and, with Perch's encouragement, runs toward the ride to save SpongeBob. Patrick is unsuccessful because the police won't let him through because he overloads the ride's weight limit, so he decides to find another way in. He runs into the Glove World Power Plant and mistakes an electrical generator for SpongeBob (due to the fact the generator was shaped like him). He rips the generator off the wall, thinking SpongeBob is chained to the wall, and causes the electricity to go out on the ride. SpongeBob freaks out and tells Pearl about all the creepy creatures in the dark (mostly clowns), but Pearl ignores him and leaves the boat to find a way out. SpongeBob follows and continues talking about scary creatures and monsters, scaring Pearl in the process. They get scared by one of the ride's robotic cupids and get back in their boat. Pearl asks SpongeBob to hold her because she's so scared. Patrick plays board games with the generator when an electrician appears to fix everything. Patrick accused him of kidnapping SpongeBob, but the electrician has no idea what he's talking about. Patrick sits down on a lever and breaks it because of his huge butt, sending the Tunnel of Glove ride into super-fast mode. SpongeBob and Pearl's boat speeds into the Hall of Romance, which features anamontrotic figures depicting famous love scenes. Patrick also accidentally pushes a button labeled "Anamontrotic Override," making the figures' heads explode and go after SpongeBob and Pearl like zombies. Patrick breaks the ride even further by using the water supply room as a restroom and tampering with the extreme water pressure. The water pressure causes SpongeBob, Pearl and the figures to go down a waterfall and whirlpool and The Tunnel of Glove itself floods and explodes. SpongeBob and Pearl are safe and Pearl admits that the ride was actually pretty fun. Nancy and Debbie walk up and think SpongeBob is definitely Pearl's boyfriend because they were hugging, but Pearl once again says they're not dating. A crawly clown robot climbs out of the wreckage and scares SpongeBob (since he told Pearl he's afraid of crawly clowns). He and Pearls friends cling to each other in fright and Pearl takes a picture of them for revenge. Meanwhile, Patrick shares food with the generator because he still thinks it's SpongeBob.
- Chum Bucket Rhumba - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
- Welcome to Glove World - Barry Anthony [opening at Glove World]
- Roll Up Waltz (c) - Andrew J J Hall [people waiting in line for the Tunnel of Glove]
- ? [Pearl riding with SpongeBob]
- Plaisir D'Amour [#24] - Florence Caillon, Xavier Demerliac ["Boring!"]
- Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [two very boring minutes later...]
- Plaisir D'Amour [#24] - Florence Caillon, Xavier Demerliac [SpongeBob still talking]
- ? [ride stops]
- ? - Nicolas Carr [three hours later...]
- Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [news report]
- Drama Link (o) - Hubert Clifford ["It's true! We barely escaped with our lives!"]
- Drama Link (c) - Hubert Clifford [pile of junk food]
- Dramatic Bridge 1 - Phillip Green ["Survival looks bleak for the little yellow sponge."]
- Drama Link (g) - Hubert Clifford ["You mean SpongeBob?"]
- Dramatic Bridge 1 - Phillip Green ["My best buddy is trapped in there."]
- Welcome to Glove World - Barry Anthony [power plant]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm coming to get you, buddy!"]
- Primitive Force - Raymond C. Jones [lights go out]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield ["That wasn't me."]
- Unease - Dick Stephen Walter [SpongeBob saying what to watch out for]
- Tipsy Turvy - Phillip Green ["I should probably accompany you."]
- Tales from the Swamp (c) - Ron Goodwin ["AAAH! SNAKES!"]
- Tipsy Turvy - Phillip Green ["Those are streamers, fool."]
- The Jitters - Raymond C. Jones [Pearl getting scared]
- Cellar Search - Philippe Pares ["It sounded like a crawly were-clown!"]
- Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [Patrick playing cards]
- Dramatic Cue (b) - Ronald Hanmer [Patrick sits on the lever]
- Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [ride stuck in super-fast mode]
- Marvellous Singers - Marc Durst [The Hall of Great Romance]
- Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen ["Okay, okay, I think I heard you."]
- Terror - Alan Braden [animatronic override]
- ? ["Wow, how romantical!"]
- Plaisir D'Amour [#12] - Florence Caillon, Xavier Demerliac ["Look, Pearl, a sweet adorable cherub!"]
- House of Horror - Larry Hochman [animatronic robots turn evil]
- Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen ["Stupid kid."]
- Dramatic Bridge 4 - Phillip Green ["Neptune's mother!"]
- Epic Adventure - Dick Stephen Walter [boat goes down waterfall]
- Comic Capers B - Charlie Brissette, Norman Mamey [ride explodes]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [boat falls apart]
- Hawaiian Party - Peter Dennis ["I guess that turned out to be... kind of fun."]
- Carousel Ride - Derek Holt [robot clown]
- Hawaiian Party - Peter Dennis [Pearl takes a picture]
- Welcome to Glove World - Barry Anthony [ending]
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 7rh Season
- It was Pearl's fault that the ride was broken, because she didn't follow the announcer's warning.
- In this episode, we are shown how dumb Patrick is because he was misreading the sign. It is similar to "SpongeGuard on Duty" where he misreads the "Do not cross" isolation ribbon as "Ice cream".
- Nancy Suzy Fish and Debbie Rechid both have large roles in this episode.
- At some point during the waiting line scene, there are 2 Nat Petersons. One Nat is the ride operater and the other is behind Nazz and Tyler.
- At the beginning of the episode you can briefly see people riding the Fiery Fist O' Pain from Roller Cowards.
- Running Gag: Patrick pulling a switch that does something wrong with the Tunnel of Glove.
- This is the third appearance of Glove World. The first was Rock Bottom, the second was Roller Cowards, and the fourth and final was Glove World R.I.P. Yet in the episode The Abrasive Side, Glove World is mentioned and shows Patrick coming back from Glove World with his Glove World t-shirt and hat.
- This is the first and only appearance of the Tunnel of Glove.
- This episode shows that Patrick is so incredibly uneducated that he can't even read properly.
- This is the first episode where Pearl is seen without Mr. Krabs.
- There is a bottle with a piece of paper in it when SpongeBob drops the heart in the water that resembles the Krabby Patty formula.
- The Electric Meter of SpongeBob is similar to one from a 1996 Humongous Entertainment PC Game Pajama Sam, which is briefly involved in mines.
- In the Hall of Great Romance, Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra are seen. Also two of the robots were implied to be Romeo and Juliet.
- The Tunnel of Glove is similar to the LittleBigPlanet level, The Mines.
- The Tunnel of Glove is a parody of a Tunnel of Love.
- In one scene, Pearl's heart shaped lip disappears.
- In The Hall of Great Romance, a robot has a green dress. The dress covers its legs and feet. However when it is walking toward Pearl and SpongeBob, the dress shows the feet instead of the covering it for the rest of the episode.
- The ride stops when a heart falls in the mechanism and won't go back on. But when Patrick breaks the lever, it goes on super fast mode.
- When Pearl and SpongeBob are waiting in line, there are two Nats in the matter of 5 feet between each other.