SpongeBob and Patrick play thumb war and SpongeBob wins. He gives Patrick a thumbs up, making Patrick feel good. He then goes to work and gives the customers and Mr. Krabs a thumbs up, and Squidward two thumbs up. Then he meets Sandy on the street and gives her the thumbs up as well. Sandy asks SpongeBob if he feels like he's using the thumbs up too much but he says no and he goes to cross the street and gives everyone a thumbs up.
He does another one and then breaks both his thumbs. He goes to the hospital and Dr. Manfish tells him he can't say for certain if he'll be able to use his thumbs again. He goes to the Krusty Krab where he can't cook Krabby Patties anymore due to his injury. SpongeBob is upset and mopes around his house. Sandy finds him and tells him he needs to find a purpose in life again.
SpongeBob then mends his thumbs through training and goes to the Krusty Krab where Patrick has taken his job. They then have another thumb war to determine who gets the job. SpongeBob wins and gets his job back, happily.
- This episode premiered on the same day as the 2016 Kids' Choice Awards.
- The title card is similar to "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired," except the background is pink.
- The live-action scenes played when SpongeBob's thumbs are breaking are suppose to represent how his thumbs are feeling at that moment in time. Here is a list of the live-action scenes that are used.
- A train collision
- A bridge collapsing
- A tree falling down on the ground
- A bird stuck in a tree
- A baby that is crying
- This episode premiered in Canada on July 1, 2016 which is ironically Canada Day.
- The mom with the baby on the bench appear during the thumbs song, but they disappear when they zoom out and show the thumb convention.
- There's a scene where SpongeBob is shown in front of Bikini Bottom. Then the next scene shows him immediately walking to his pineapple.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 9th Season
|This page uses content from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia. As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|