Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Two Thumbs Down"|
|Season 9, Episode 197B|
|Airdate:||March 12, 2016|
|Written by:||Kyle McCulloch|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Mall Girl Pearl"||"Sharks vs. Pods"|
SpongeBob and Patrick play thumb war and SpongeBob wins. He gives Patrick a thumbs up, making Patrick feel good. He then goes to work and gives the customers and Mr. Krabs a thumbs up, and Squidward two thumbs up. Then he meets Sandy on the street and gives her the thumbs up as well. Sandy asks SpongeBob if he feels like he's using the thumbs up too much but he says no and he goes to cross the street and gives everyone a thumbs up.
He does another one and then breaks both his thumbs. He goes to the hospital and Dr. Manfish tells him he can't say for certain if he'll be able to use his thumbs again. He goes to the Krusty Krab where he can't cook Krabby Patties anymore due to his injury. SpongeBob is upset and mopes around his house. Sandy finds him and tells him he needs to find a purpose in life again.
SpongeBob then mends his thumbs through training and goes to the Krusty Krab where Patrick has taken his job. They then have another thumb war to determine who gets the job. SpongeBob wins and gets his job back, happily.
- This episode premiered on the same day as the 2016 Kids' Choice Awards.
- The title card is similar to "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired," except the background is pink.
- This is the sixth time that an episode premiered on Kids Choice Night. The first was "Help Wanted" in 1999, the second was "Krusty Towers"/"Mrs. Puff, You're Fired" in 2006, the third was "Sentimental Sponge" in 2011, the fourth was "Are You Happy Now?"/"Planet of the Jellyfish" in 2012, and the fifth was "Kenny the Cat" in 2014.
- This is the third time Patrick works at the Krusty Krab and the second time he is fry cook. His first time working at the Krusty Krab in general was "Big Pink Loser" and his second overall and first as a fry cook was "Bummer Vacation."
- The live-action scenes played when SpongeBob's thumbs are breaking are suppose to represent how his thumbs are feeling at that moment in time. Here is a list of the live-action scenes that are used.
- A train collision
- A bridge collapsing
- A tree falling down on the ground
- A bird stuck in a tree
- A baby that is crying
- This is the third time Sandy has been referred to as Sandra. The first time was in "Patrick SmartPants" and the second time was in "Atlantis SquarePantis."
- This episode premiered in Canada on July 1, 2016 which is ironically Canada Day.
- At the start of the episode, SpongeBob and Patrick were playing thumb war. It could be a reference to the show Thumb Wrestling Federation.
- The mom with the baby on the bench appear during the thumbs song, but they disappear when they zoom out and show the thumb convention.
- There's a scene where SpongeBob is shown in front of Bikini Bottom. Then the next scene shows him immediately walking to his pineapple.
|This page uses content from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia. As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|