|Season 1, Episode 16A|
|Airdate:||February 14, 2000|
|Written by:|| Chuck Klein|
|← Previous||Next →|
"Valentine's Day" is the first segment of the 16th episode of SpongeBob SquarePants, and also, as the title suggests, the series' Valentine's Day episode.
It is Valentine's Day, and SpongeBob is giving out Valentine's Day cards to everyone (even Plankton, which is delivered with the help of tweezers). He tells Patrick that he has the best present ever. It is a hot-air balloon made out of chocolate (the carriage isn't though), but he doesn't tell Patrick. Sandy's going to show it to Patrick when they go to the top of the ferris wheel, but when they do get to the top, it isn't there. Sandy tells SpongeBob via walkie-talkie that chocolate-eating scallops are attacking the balloon, and she's way off course. Patrick, of course, is so excited that he starts to shake up and down, causing the ferris wheel to shake, then jump.SpongeBob has to tell him that the present is a handshake, and Patrick gets angry. SpongeBob gave total strangers good presents, but why does he give his best friend a bad present?
He throws a fit and starts wrecking things. He sees a mascot dressed as a giant heart, says "I defy you, Heart-man!" and destroys the heart suit. He sees a ride in the carnival that consists of a heart on a stick with small carriages rotating around it, and says "Heart on stick must die!". However, he can't break it, and he sees a heart-shaped lollipop. Again, he says "Heart on stick must die!" and breaks it. He advances on the people, and says "It's too late... for ALL of you," meaning he is about to destroy everyone, starting with SpongeBob. Before he gets the chance, Sandy arrives. They all tell him to turn around, but he refuses until Sandy shouts "Howdy, Patrick!" He turns around and shouts "Hi Sandy", then takes a bite of his present, and the whole carnival is covered in chocolate! Smiling at SpongeBob and completely forgetting his anger, Patrick says, "Aww, SpongeBob, you didn't have to get me anything."
- This episode and its partner episode, "The Paper", only tend to air in the United States on or around Valentine's Day. However, "The Paper" was broadcast in a Nonstop Five at Five in August 2008.
- This is the first episode that received complaints about preaching.
- In the Dutch version of this episode, when the guy asks Patrick for the time, Patrick tells him the time (3:15 PM) instead of saying "Patrick needs love, too!"
- When SpongeBob blew a chocolate Valentine to Sandy, Sandy's helmet has an opening that runs the valentine to her. However, when it opens, no water was seen running through it. The same mistake occurred again in "Wormy", but instead of a water helmet in Sandy's, it was the jar with Wormy flying into it.
- When a scallop takes a bite out of the chocolate balloon, it is filled with air. But when Patrick takes a bite out of it, it is filled with chocolate, which splatters all over the place.
- Patrick goes crazy when all he gets is a handshake, however he doesn't give SpongeBob anything. A reason why Sandy didn't care for getting a bubble is that she's more mature.
- When Sandy is on the chocolate balloon her tail is missing and her suit seems to be smaller.
- When SpongeBob goes outside, the sky is pink. But after he gives Plankton his valentine and goes to Sandy's house, the sky is blue.
- The scene where Patrick gets angry and goes on a rampage was spoofed in the Ed, Edd 'n Eddy episode "Little Ed Blue" where Ed does the same thing but in a playground other than an amusement park.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Bikini Bottom Bash
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Tales from the Deep
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete First Season
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Valentine's Day (SpongeBob SquarePants). The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|