Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle"|
|Season 7, Episode 140B|
|Airdate:||January 28, 2011|
|Written by:|| Luke Brookshier|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom"||"The Curse of the Hex"|
One night in Bikini Bottom, a mysterious fog appears and the voices of mermaids are heard. That morning, SpongeBob realizes his alarm clock, Gary's shell, Squidward's clarinet, Patrick's cuff links, and Mr. Krabs is missing. While investigating, SpongeBob, Squidward, and Patrick are sucked into the triangle. They find Mr. Krabs, who tells them that he loves all the piles of "resellable stuff." He realizes that Pearl is left alone at the Krusty Krab with all his money, but she gets transported to the triangle too.
Pearl and Squidward relax, Mr. Krabs looks for change, and SpongeBob and Patrick look for the mermaids. The mermaid quintet only knows how to "surround themselves with cool new stuff" whenever they feel like. They call SpongeBob's dilemma "TNOP" (totally not our problem). SpongeBob then quickly says upon return, "Unfortunately, I was unable to get the information from the aauugh," and being noticeably tired, he simply collapses. Mr. Krabs realizes SpongeBob desperately needs a Krabby Patty. He finds one and feeds it to SpongeBob. He then wonders who made the Krabby Patty. Mr. Krabs wants to go back when he thinks that Plankton might have stolen the formula.
The whole group goes to the mermaids, and Pearl wants to go to the mall, and the mermaids want to go too. So the mermaids sing backwards. They get sucked back to Bikini Bottom. Pearl and the mermaids run to the mall while other people look into the pile to find all of their stuff. While the people are reclaiming their property, Mr. Krabs wants to see whether Plankton is actually trying to steal the formula again. He finds Charles who SpongeBob met earlier. It seemed that he caught Plankton trying to steal the formula. Patrick finds his cuff links and puts it on his tuxedo. He says to the driver "home reginald" and then steps inside the limo and drives off.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Complete Seventh Season
- The production name for this episode was "Welcome to the Bermuda Triangle," as seen on some of the original character storyboards on Facebook. To take a look, click here.
- In Turkish version, TOTP is KBSD (Kesinlikle Bizim Sorunumuz Değil). It is translated from English
- Like in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, Patrick falls in love with a mermaid(s).
- Pearl wears the Krusty Krab hat for the first time.
- Mr. Krabs mentioned the Dutchman Triangle in "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One".
- A table from the Krusty Krab can be seen after it warped.
- When Patrick appeared in the Bikini Bottom Triangle, Krabs didn't know a cash register behind him.
- When SpongeBob is saying "Oh Mr. Krabs!", you can see a sign that says save the jellyfish. This may be from SpongeBob's Last Stand
- It is unknown if these mermaids know or are related to Mindy and King Neptune from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- The Bikini Bottom Triangle is an obvious spoof of the notorious Bermuda Triangle.
- The singing mermaids may be a reference to the Sirens in Greek mythology.
- When SpongeBob eats the Krabby Patty, the reaction was the same in A Pup Named Scooby-Doo.
- One of the mermaids made a reference to Freakazoid!, a 1990s animated series produced by Steven Spielberg.
- When Mr. Krabs said, "So it must have been that rotten pipsqueak, Plankton," for at least a split second, his left sleeve turned red.
- After SpongeBob finds Mr. Krabs, they go to the vacuum. Before the things came out, Mr. Krabs had only a towel on. When he popped out of the things, he has clothes.
- When he was talking to Patrick about his cufflinks, SpongeBob and Squidward go over to see, and Patrick disappears.