|Season 4, Episode 74|
|Airdate:||November 17, 2006|
|Written by:|| Luke Brookshier|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Bummer Vacation"||"Squidtastic Voyage"|
One day, on the Ned and the Needlefish tour bus, Ned comes out of the backroom and has a 6 layered wig (with ribbons) on. His bands mates tease him and one accidentally chucks the wig out the window playing monkey in the middle with the drummer. He looks out the window as it flies away, right as SpongeBob SquarePants is taking a walk. It hits his face and he falls on the ground. As he gets up he notices it's a wig and go's to Patrick Star's house. Patrick thinks it's a "brain eating alien", and rubs it (and SpongeBob) forcefully on his rock. SpongeBob yells at him and Patrick puts him down, he then chews part of it off. SpongeBob asks why he did that. He replied with the answer, "I thought it was a new type of cotton candy that you where on your head." SpongeBob says it's a good idea then Patrick asks what it is loudly. SpongeBob replies with the answer, "It's my new wig!" Patrick thinks it's a stupid idea then looks at his watch, he says it's time for his weekly condiment soak. A bathtub randomly appears with a giant jar of tartar sauce next to it. Patrick goes in the bathtub and dumps the tartar sauce all over his body, he then asks SpongeBob for some privacy.
SpongeBob walks to work with tons of fish laughing at him, he thinks they're laughing, "with" him.He then thinks his wig is making everybody be in a good mode. He enters work with a crowd surrounded him. They make fun of him and he thinks they all want wigs too.
He walks backwards into the kitchen and tells Squidward Tentacles that he'll be in the kitchen if he needed him. He made some Krabby Patties, while scratching his wig, causing a lot of wig hair to fall on the meat patty. Some customers tried the new recipe and wasn't satisfied, all of them left and Eugene H. Krabs noticed. He told SpongeBob to wear a hairnet or he leaves for the day. Sandy Cheeks walks in the Krusty Krab while SpongeBob is delivering food. She was about to ask SpongeBob about Karate practice, took one look at him, and laughed her head off. In the next scene you see Ned's band in a record dealers place. The manager said there fired because Ned doesn't have hair. The manager then says in Ned's face,"you come back with hair, or don't come back at all."
The next day, Sandy goes to SpongeBob's house talking about how she couldn't talk to SpongeBob yesterday because she was laughing to hard. She knocked on the odd double sized door and saw SpongeBob with the wig on, she put her palm on his elbow and said,"We need to talk."
As they were walking through Bikini Bottom, SpongeBob was talking about how his wig brought so much attention. They went in The Reef (movie theater)and watched a movie about wigs. SpongeBob sat in the front row and a lot of sea fish yelled at him because the wig blocked 75% of the screen. SpongeBob turned around and said, "Please, return your attention to the movie, I know my wig is cool and fashionable, but there's no need to start a riot." Scooter said,"That's a great idea! (everyone took out pitchforks and torches) lets start a riot!" SpongeBob screamed and ran out of the theater with the riot chasing him, he passed the ticket holders and one said, I told you that movie was horrible."
In the next scene you SpongeBob and Sandy walking through fields, they walk up to the cliff and SpongeBob makes a speech. He then lets go of the wig and it flies away, SpongeBob then falls on the ground crying that he'd never accessorise again.
You then see Ned walking through Bikini Bottom screaming stuff about his career is ruined. The wig then stuffs in his face and Ned realizes it's his old one. He puts one foot on a trashcan and says,"YES! Victory is mine!" In the next scene you see SpongeBob head down, walking through Bikini Bottom and seeing all these fish with Ned's wig. He then feels betrayed. He walks up to a fish that teased him the other day and complains. He tells SpongeBob to look at a giant sign that says Ned and the NeedleFish, and the whole band is wearing the wig, he then realizes that he was cool before anyone else. The fish says, "You used to be cool, but not anymore..." Patrick then walks by SpongeBob and he's relieved that Pat's not wearing a wig. He lifts his arm and SpongeBob sees mini wigs attached to his armpit. Patrick lets SpongeBob borrow one, but says to wash it before he returns it. The episode ends with a disgusted SpongeBob.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 4, Volume 2
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 4th Season
- During the movie scene Scooter quickly goes from being a doorman to an audience member.
- This episode aired in the United Kingdom before the United States.
- Patrick eats a part of SpongeBob's wig. But when SpongeBob goes on, his wig is full again.
- After SpongeBob gets chased by the angry mob, if you look at the two doormen at the front, the doorman on the left resembles Nat Peterson's face.
- Two film posters are seen when SpongeBob and Sandy are going in and out of the movie theater; "My Hair Lady" and "From Hair To Eternity" - parodies of My Fair Lady and From Here to Eternity, respectively.
- The captions performer is still the WGBH Media Access Group in this episode.
- In the scene where SpongeBob and Sandy walk in the fields, you'll see that as they walk up toward the cliff, Sandy's tail isn't present anymore till the next episode.
- The title is a parody of the saying "Lovestruck".
- SpongeBob going into the theater and it showing three silhouettes is a reference to the Mystery Science Theater 3000.
- When Patrick soaks in mustard, the "mus" in mustard is cut off, saying "tard", which is deemed inaproppriate.
- When SpongeBob gives Squidward the hair patty, the kitchen window narrows immensely.
- In Greek, this episode is called Η περούκα which means The Wig.
- DirecTV incorrectly displays the episode title as "Wigstuck".