|"Wishing You Well"|
|Season 4, Episode 72B|
|Original air date:||June 2, 2006|
|Written by:|| Luke Brookshier|
|Directed by:||Andrew Overtoom|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"All That Glitters"||"New Leaf"|
"Wishing You Well" is the second segment of the 72nd episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
After Mr. Krabs learns about a wishing well, he makes "The Eugene Krabs Memorial Wishing Well". SpongeBob obtains a "promotion" in which he has to stay in the bottom of the well all day and night to collect coins that fall into the well. When Patrick comes to the well, SpongeBob hears him and tries to call him. This makes Patrick think the well is a magic, talking trash can, and says his wish is for SpongeBob to be here to see the magic trash can with him. When Patrick tries to throw his coin into the well he falls inside and sees SpongeBob was already there. The two buddies then attempt to find magic, thinking SpongeBob did not dig far enough before. When SpongeBob digs deeper, he finds a glowing crack on the ground and claims he "found the magic." Squidward later comes to the well to tell them how good it feels that they aren't able to bother him. He ends up falling into the well because SpongeBob wished he could see the magic. He now has to endure the antics of his neighbors. When they are all out of the well, all of Bikini Bottom's wishes have come true. the sceptical Mr. Krabs still doesn't believe in magic, and tries to prove that magic doesn't exist by wishing up a risky wish, but then finds himself in Big trouble. His wish was to be "steamed and served with a side of melted butter". The wish is granted, and a human prepares his meal
- It is revealed here that Squidward is claustrophobic (though Patrick said he was afraid of Santa Claus). However, he had no difficult staying inside a box in the episode Idiot Box. Maybe he's not used to going inside very small spaces.
- SpongeBob and Patrick find "magic", which SpongeBob claims is the most important thing he's ever done (besides being a fry cook). Patrick claims it's the only thing he's ever done.
- Patrick's drink disappears after Patrick drops himself inside the wishing well, right after he threw it into the wishing well.
- This episode's name is a pun on wishing well.
- SpongeBob makes a little hole but in the song, it's a huge hole.
- On one of this episodes recent airings (right before Wishing You Well was aired), there was a goof. The title card showed All That Glitters' title card, and showed All That Glitters up to where SpongeBob is in the therapist's office. Then, it cuts to the part of this episode where SpongeBob says, "You can't rush perfection." The rest of the episode goes normally.
- Mr. Krabs and Patrick have never heard of a wishing well.
- If you look closely when Patrick is sitting on Squidward, you'll notice Squidward's shirt has disappeared.
- During the song "Down the Well," SpongeBob sings "Were at the bottom of a well" SpongeBob is seen inside the digger, but when he sings "But man won't it be swell," he is outside the digger and it is seen still working.
- In the greek version this episode is called "Πηγάδι ευχών" which means "Well wishes", and in the Netherlands it calls:"Doe een wens!" translates as: "Make a wish!".
- In the Dutch version of this episode, when Squidward, SpongeBob and Patrick are trapped in the well talking about claustrophobia, and Patrick said: "ho, ho, ho" the second time, Squidward replied: "You are really dumb, Patrick", and Patrick says: "oh" in a disappointed way.
- When Mr. Krabs collects the money and SpongeBob loads the bucket, you can clearly see that he only loaded two coins when there were four to collect. Mr. Krabs would not leave that kind of change behind.