|"Your Shoe's Untied"|
|Season 2, Episode 21A|
|Original air date:||November 2, 2000|
|Written by:|| Walt Dohrn|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II"||"Squid's Day Off"|
Patrick purchases shoes and asks SpongeBob to help him tie them. SpongeBob realizes that he forgot how to tie his shoes, because his shoes have been tied as long as he can remember. Patrick is less than impressed. SpongeBob goes to sleep, hoping that he’ll remember how to tie his shoes. The next morning, he tries to go to work, but his shoes are still untied. Because of that, SpongeBob falls down repeatedly on his way to work. Much to his dismay, Patrick is at the Krusty Krab. In order to avoid Patrick from knowing that he really did forget how to tie his shoes, SpongeBob slams his feet through the wood floor. He hopes that he can feel safe in the kitchen if he stands in the same spot all day, but Squidward immediately needs SpongeBob to bring him a customer's order. SpongeBob trips over his laces and accidentally flings the Krabby Patties into Squidward’s mouth, in which he eats them all. SpongeBob then breaks down and cries in the kitchen, and the customers complain and leave. Mr. Krabs tries to convince them not to leave, but his pants fall down due to the fact that he was in the restroom. SpongeBob then has to admit that he forgot how to tie his shoes.
SpongeBob tries to find someone to help him tie his shoes. However, nobody he asks actually wears shoes. The ghostly Flying Dutchman then appears to help SpongeBob tie a knot. The Dutchman knows how to tie many different kinds of knots, but he proclaims he cannot tie shoes since he hasn’t worn them in 5,000 years. He then disappears, and SpongeBob crawls back to his house. He is met by his pet Gary, who surprisingly knows how to tie shoes since he wears shoes beneath his shell. Gary then turns on a record that plays a song about tying shoes. SpongeBob then learns how to tie his own shoes.
- In this episode, SpongeBob is watching a piece of coral dancing on TV. He gets scared as soon as Gary comes in and changes it to the Sports Channel. Some fans theorize that this may be a reference to something inappropriate, but it seems more likely that it was just something embarrassing. This scene has became popular on YouTube.
- This is the first episode where Painty the Pirate (the pirate painting from the theme song) appears outside of the opening song.
- When SpongeBob arrives at his home near the end of the episode, the lights are off. However, after Gary ties his shoe, they are on.
- In all other episodes that involve the Krusty Krab, the grill that SpongeBob cooks on is right by the order window.
- This was the first episode to have a TV-Y7 rating. As such, episodes earier than this had their ratings upgraded to TV-Y7 from TV-Y in recent airings.
- Patrick's shoes appear to be navy blue hi-top Converse All-Stars.
- Right about when SpongeBob enters the Krusty Krab kitchen, his skin turns a darker yellow for the rest of the episode.
- SpongeBob mentions that his shoes have not been untied since he was an egg, but in "Rock Bottom", he ties his shoes while waiting for a bus. Likewise to this, SpongeBob was born live in Truth or Square as compared to being an egg in this episode.
- When the customers are leaving the Krusty Krab, one of them says, "We're going to the Chum Bucket!" This is the earliest mention of the Chum Bucket, which has on numerous other occasions been said to have never had a single customer, having customers. However, they are not actually shown going there; that later happens in "Barnacle Face".
- The stock footage of a sea anemone would also be seen in "The Sponge Who Could Fly" and "Rise and Shine".
- The football player shown on the television is Dan Marino.
- All the customers leave the Krusty Krab when they see Mr. Krabs pants down, but there are still customers there when SpongeBob is asking around how to tie his shoes.
- When SpongeBob is in his room, it is night time, but when Gary ties his shoes, it all of a sudden goes to day time.
- It is revealed that Gary can roar like a lion.
- When SpongeBob is trying to skid his feet to bring Squidward the Krabby Patty, you can clearly see he is moving forward and the sound of a train engine chugging can be heard. However, it is insisted that he did not move at all.
- When the customers are starting to leaving The Krusty Krab, the blue fish next to Old Man Jenkins wears a pair of pants that is similar to SpongeBob, but when the customers are leaving, the fish's pants disappear.
- When the customers leave after they see Mr. Krabs with no pants on, the fish that says "Oh yeah, we are definitely out of here" wasn't even wearing any clothes!
- Old Man Jenkins has a much younger voice in this episode.
- When Tom says, "Uh, fins" after Spongebob asks him if he can show him how to tie his shoes, his mouth doesn't move.
- During the part when Squidward says "it's Spongebob's fault, the menu is missing.
- Squidward's voice echoing "It's Spongebob's fault" omits his burp.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Your Shoe's Untied. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|